Unable to Record on USB HDD

Rogerdodge51

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I need your help. I have a new LG 55" OLED TV which has record function through a USB HDD but on trying to use it I always get the error message "Not enough storage available for recording. Please select another storage device with at least 1GB of available space". I get this no matter what size USB HDD I use or whether it has external power or not. I have reformatted the drives to NTFS and FAT and have used various sizes from 64GB up to 2TB but no matter what I try I always get the same message. I am reluctant to buy any more drives as I just seem to waste money. Any ideas would be most welcome as this issue is driving me mad.

Just an update.....

No matter what size USB HDD I plug in the TV always says there is just 195/196MB of space on the drive even when its a newly formatted 1TB !!!!

Sounds like you either have a TV fault, or the TV doesn't like the drives that you're using. I can't recall if there is a specific USB port for HDD recording. It may be that the TV doesn't like bus-powered USB drives. I would contact LG or the place that you bought the TV from before going any further with this.

Clem

Try formatting it on the TV if you have the option.

Yes, you have to use the TV to format the drive, at least that’s been the case for Panasonic and Sony TVs that I own. That does mean however that you’ll only be able to watch stuff recorded on it when it’s plugged in to the TV.

Clem

I have purchased a new 1TB drive that has never been used or connected to a PC and that worked immediately so the problem is solved. It seems LG TVs do not like used drives that have been erased and reformatted as all the previous drives I tried were.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom