Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Unable to Record From V1 Sky + (Copy Protection?)

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by CVT, Sep 21, 2005.

1. CVT

CVT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :( I have a V1 Sky + box & Panasonic DMR 85 HD & DVD Recorder. I have been archiving Little Britain from My Sky + planner to the HD on my Panny recorder. Until this morning that is !!!!!!!!! I tried to copy the latest episode when the Panasonic came up with the following message " Copying of this material is not allowed canot record" . I have tried to record several channels directly from my Sky + including several BBC channels, Sky Movies ITV, CH4. Each time I get the same message. All the sports channels will record as well as Sky 1, Sky News, MTV Kerrang etc. My only thought is Sky have introduced a Copyright signal & installed a filter during the last update. Anybody got any ideas ?

2. wormvortex

wormvortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +395
    search for a hack for your dvd player to remove macrovision, u should be able to copy to it afterwards

3. CVT

CVT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My player is chipped & I have never had problems before. Do you still think it is the recorder ?