Unable to play Amazon Prime videos on LG tv.

dmuellenberg

Novice Member
I have recently been unable to play any Amazon Prime videos on my LG OLED 4k tv which is about 1 year old. If I use the Prime button on the remote and select a video, it will say 'something went wrong - try again later'. If I use the Web OS browser and go to the Amazon site, when I select a video I get a message that says I need to update my Google Chrome browser in order to play videos. I checked for any updates but it said none were available. How do I update the browser on the LG tv? Also, I have no issue playing Amazon Prime videos on my laptop computer so it's not an internet problem. Thanks in advance.

jwsg

One remedy for App related problems on LG is unplugging the TV for a period after you put the TV in standby - mins to hours works for different people.

sleepy1

Standard Member
I have recently been unable to play any Amazon Prime videos on my LG OLED 4k tv which is about 1 year old. If I use the Prime button on the remote and select a video, it will say 'something went wrong - try again later'. If I use the Web OS browser and go to the Amazon site, when I select a video I get a message that says I need to update my Google Chrome browser in order to play videos. I checked for any updates but it said none were available. How do I update the browser on the LG tv? Also, I have no issue playing Amazon Prime videos on my laptop computer so it's not an internet problem. Thanks in advance.
The browser 'issue' is a red herring - don't expect to play any drm protected video through the built in browser.

Hit the home key and navigate to the 'LG Content Store'. Choose Apps, then 'MyApps'.
You can click on the trash can and then select 'Amazon Prime Video' then done to delete it. You can then reinstall it. Hopefullly that will sort you out.

(PS To check the current version click on 'Amazon Prime Video' scroll down to the bottom of the 'details' panel: it will show the updated date/installed version. This is 16/12/2019 & 1.1.17 on my tv.)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom