Unable to pick up all Freeview Channels on Samsung Smart TV

JackieC

Novice Member
Hi, we converted our garage to a new room and put a new Samsung Smart TV in there. We used the existing aerial socket from the wall and plugged it into a aerial amplifier. The lead into the other room is about 3 metres in length. When we do the auto tune, it picks up some channels, but very few. Our existing Sony TV in the living room is fine and is also plugged into the aerial amplifier.
Anybody have any ideas what could be wrong?
Any Thanks

mike7

Distinguished Member
Why the need for an aerial amplifier? Try taking it out and see what happens. What exactly is this amplifier? You also might examine the various connecting plugs. Sometimes a whisker of wire can kill the signal.

JackieC

Novice Member
Hi Mike, I wasn't really clear enough sorry. We have a Sony TV in the main room, and the new Samsung TV in the new room. The aerial socket is on the wall in the main room, the lead from that goes to a splitter box which is also an aerial amplifier. So we have both TV's attached to the splitter box. The aerial lead to the new room is about 3 meters long. I researched this and it should be fine, but unfortunately the new Samsung Smart TV is only picking up less than half the freeview channels. Could it be the length of aerial cable of something else?

mike7

Distinguished Member
Considering that most leads from rooftop aerials are considerably more than 3 meters long and generally carry unamplified signals then your lead between rooms should be fine. Check the connectors as I suggested. Have you tried tuning the Samsung in the same room as the Sony to see what it picks up there? Test your 3 meter lead by substituting it for your Sony aerial lead.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom