• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Unable to mount NFS on Mac

StuIRL

Established Member
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone may be able to offer some advice.

I have an Iomega NAS connected to a Mac Mini and up until now its been working fine. Purely by chance I came across an issue today where I am unable to rename or delete some content that I have copies of.

The NAS was originally connected with SMB. At some point (I can't recall why) I changed it to NFS, and then again went back to SMB.

The problem now seems to be I can't rename or delete any content that was loaded while it was connected using NFS. It says I don't have permission and I am unable to connect using NFS, again it says I don't have permission.

I can connect fine using SMB and the content all plays fine, but there is some duplicate files I need to delete but am unable.

Could anyone offer some advice? I've tried repairing permissions and unplugging/restarting everything but I presume something more technical needs to be done fix the permissions?

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom