Unable to login to YT on Panny BWT700 or BS850

JH4

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Strange one this: although I can access YouTube fine on both these machines and my Sony 'net connected TVs, neither the Panny Freeview or Freesat recorders will let me login to YT - "Login failed, bad authentication" message appears. I have tried both the UK and Worldwide login options. The TVs on the same broadband connection are fine. Puzzled...
All have the latest s/w.
Anyone else ?

I've sent an Email to Panasonic now - hope they can help..

Hi
Same for me on a Panny BS780 Unit.

Any response from Panasonic yet?

Jon

As far as I am aware, the Youtube link is not direct... it comes through Panasonic's own portal and is content filtered, which may explain the problem.

Thanks both - no reply from Panasonic yet.
Gavtech - if it's content filtered, how does it affect login, please.
Does it depend on what I have uploaded ? Seems strange..
Glad I'm not the only one. I was suspecting finger trouble, but I tried lots of times... !
Thanks anyway. I can still login fine on the TVs, so it's not a big deal, but it's just annoying though, when this feature is provided by Panasonic, but doesn't work.

Update: Panasonic UK can not give me a definitive solution to this issue, although they were very helpful, other than stating that YT has rejected the password ( not the user ID.) It may be related to a requirement by YT that some sign-ins require a 2 stage process. There is a lot of info on YT's website via the settings option, but it makes little sense to me, at the moment.
If anyone can clarify, I would be grateful.
In the meantime, Panasonic have agreed to let me know if any further info comes to light.
I'll post here if this happens.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom