Unable to get UK Free to air channels

fpegman

Novice Member
Reaction score
Anyone know why I can not get any UK TV channels I have scanned Astra 28.2E and done a blind scan but all I can see are Arabic channels no UK at all Can ayone help please .

I think that without further info it will be difficult to assist yo. Certainly I can't as my crystal ball is a bit cloudy today.:D
Where are you? What box are you using? Even though you have scanned 28.2E, are you absolutely sure your dish is pointing to 28.2E? Are you setting up your dish? etc. etc.

fpegman by implication, you where watching the channels quite normally recently, y/n?

Have you asked neighbors if they have the same problem?

How recently have you checked for updates for the set top box?

Sorry I am using a GI Avatar2+ HD Digital Combo Receiver and have been assured that the dish is pointing at Astra 28E, I have also tried another 3 receivers with the same results

I have just recently moved into the property and have never watched tv
I have no neighbours
I have checked for updates

Where in Spain are you ?

fpegman so the implication is that the problem is to do with the dish & wiring.
ref 'have been assured that the dish is pointing at Astra 28E' how do we know that the dish is large enough, and not rusted for example from living near the sea?

The wiring to the chosen receiver, what dose it's condition look like?
How well is the dish attached to the wall?

Last edited:
It's almost certainly picking up 26e & Arabsats BADR satellites which are easier to get there than the UK channels on 28.2/5e & right next door.

The dish may need just realigning or it could be the dish is too distorted &/or too small resulting in the badr satellites wiping out the UK 28e channels.

Needs a pro to check the dish is OK & then realigning.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom