Unable to Download guide data ?

evolution400

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone else haveing this problem since last night and this morning ?
My brother also has the same problem which leads me to belive its with the guide web site.
error 23 is what I get.

evolution400 said:
Anyone else haveing this problem since last night and this morning ?
My brother also has the same problem which leads me to belive its with the guide web site.
error 23 is what I get.

Yep, I got this error too. I just put it down to the on-going problem I'm having with the guide but it's good to hear it's not just me this time!

Well it does make you glad in a sense that the proble, is not with your MCE or your settings for a change :)
everyone post here who is having this problem or if your unaware do a manual download now if you can to check this out.

Guys anyone on here who uses sky in MCE can they do a manual guide download and post here mine still isnt working.
thanks in advance

No problems for me. Scheduled downloads have worked OK according to the Event Log & I just forced a manual download which was fine. My region is BBC East/ITV London.

Maybe it works for me because I have 8Mb/sec uncapped broadband:)?

Thanks nigel that cleared it up for me.
It appears that my guide was some how corrupted upon examining the EPS dir it had about 7 instances of the guide so after purgeing the directory then redownloaiding the guide from scratch all is fine os I suggest anyone who has this problem to do so.
I have a 2mb line normally ok not like your 8mb :( I wish I could get 8mb here oh well I am holding on for the 24m lines we are supposed to have in 2006 he he :)

I forgot to mention that my 8Mb uncapped line only costs 34.90 Euros per month or less than 24 pounds. When the local exchange is upgraded (real soon now apparently) it will cost me the same for 24Mb. Thank you France Telecom (& Wanadoo):) Now will someone explain to me why it was such a good idea to privatise BT.

U are so lucky I am waiting for 24mb so I can launch my HD plan :)
When I get 24mb line here I will be setting up a MCE PC in the USA at my parents place then using webguide to access it for glorious USA HD in the UK apparently the mimimum for HD streaming is 18mb so 24mb is fine.
Can't wait :)

evolution400 said:
upon examining the EPS dir it had about 7 instances of the guide so after purgeing the directory then redownloaiding the guide from scratch all is fine os I suggest anyone who has this problem to do so.

Glad you are sorted. I've searched for the EPS folder but can't find it. Can you give me the full path please? Is it hidden?

Hi dave, yes you need to show all files hidden and system then delete everything apart from the 2 folders all xml and SDS files basically.
You may have to open task manager and close all instances of media center like ehrec, ehome etc then download the guide and you should be sorted.

Thanks but I still can't find the EPS folder even though I'm searching hidden and system folders!

I even tried on my other MC PC (the guide is working fine on there!) and still could not locate the folder.

Is it under windows or Program Files?

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\eHome\EPG
Thats the exact path you may need to enable file views so:-
>my computer
>Tools
>folder Options
>View
Show hidden files and folder radio button must be pressed.
Then untick:-
hide extensions for known file types
hide protected operating system files.
apply you should nwo see the files
your welcome :)

Thanks for taking all that trouble but I've been looking for EPS as quoted in your post #6 :oops:

Had I looked for EPG I would have found it!

I'll give it try later,

Thanks again.

Dave

DaveP said:
Thanks for taking all that trouble but I've been looking for EPS as quoted in your post #6 :oops:

Had I looked for EPG I would have found it!

I'll give it try later,

Thanks again.

Dave
Sorry about that mate at least we got there in the end aye :)
In my defence though I did post 6 from memory the other was a cut and paste from my actual machine :)
This will resolve your problem anyway.

I deleted the files as suggested and downloaded the guide OK. I then went into TV and it said no channels availble and I had to re-scan for services. After that there was still no guide. I've had to add them all manually again.

I should get a new PCI card next week. Hopefully it will solve all my problems!

evolution400 said:
U are so lucky I am waiting for 24mb so I can launch my HD plan :)
When I get 24mb line here I will be setting up a MCE PC in the USA at my parents place then using webguide to access it for glorious USA HD in the UK apparently the mimimum for HD streaming is 18mb so 24mb is fine.
Can't wait :)

Do they have 18mb upload?

I fixed my no listings for ITV1 problem by re-tuning to a different transmitter - might help someone else too?

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveP said:
I deleted the files as suggested and downloaded the guide OK. I then went into TV and it said no channels availble and I had to re-scan for services. After that there was still no guide. I've had to add them all manually again.

I should get a new PCI card next week. Hopefully it will solve all my problems!
Try delteting the guide then adding your channels then downloading the new guide data sound as if thats a different problem to me as when I deleted my files the guide downloaded and I maintained my channels.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom