Unable to delete series links

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by warrej, Apr 27, 2007.

1. warrej

warrej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I've several series links on my TV Drive relating to The Apprentice and Grand Designs. If I try to delete them it says they are an 'unknown link', and then it screws up my TV Drive menus, causing me to have to reset the box. I would just leave them but I think it is causing problems when I try to record both programmes (both are 9-10 Wednesday). Basically it says one of them cannot record because of clashes.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Any idea how I can get rid of these phantom series links?

I'm guessing it might require a re-format of the drive, but I want to avoid that if possible

2. def

def

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Nope, format of the drive is your only option.

3. TheFreeJaffa

TheFreeJaffa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I've had this issue with series links for Dresden Files and Waterloo Road.

And yes - a reformat is your only option.

4. geezagame

geezagame

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had this problem with American Idol....basically there are 2 episodes on a friday night right after each other. Sometimes the v+ would record both, sometimes it would only record one episode (the v+ upstairs always records both episodes strangely enough).

Anyway, I tried to delete the series links and was hoping to re-create them but it wouldn't delete. My v+ menus would then screw up completely. Virgin came out and I demonstrated the problem....they swapped out the box for a new one. It was fine for a while but recently it's started missing one of the episodes of american idol again. To make matters worse, the bedroom v+ has started behaving in the same way.

I didn't have any of these types of problems with sky+ grr.

My wife aint happy :(

5. warrej

warrej

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I reformatted my drive last night, so I'll see if I get the problem again. I've only had the problem once in the year I've had the TV Drive