Unable to change transponder frequency

coolideas

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, hope you can help. I need to change the transponder settings but for some reason the TV won't accept them saying they are not within the range! It's not me making them up it's the Irish Saorview. They want me to change from 25000 to 24.5!

Sorry, what are you trying to change? Frequency will be in the 25000 range.

24.5K would be shorthand for 24500. Have you tried entering this?

Yes

Detail Current ParameterNew Parameter
Frequency 20190.00 MHz20192.500 MHz
Symbol Rate 2500012.500
FEC 2/35/6

Out of interest...

What's the make and model number of your satellite receiver?

Saorsat not Saorview (the terrestrial one).

I'm guessing the 12.500 is really 12,500 so input 12500 - it's just something has got lost in the technical translation.

Bearing in mind that our friends on the continent us a full stop as a thousands separator than the than the comma that we use, that's a pretty realistic stab in the dark Rodders. 😍

Hi guys, hope you can help. I need to change the transponder settings but for some reason the TV won't accept them saying they are not within the range! It's not me making them up it's the Irish Saorview. They want me to change from 25000 to 24.5!

Saorsat requires a totally different lnb to the usual Ku Band Universal lnb. I take it you have one ?

It's very hard to get unless you live in Southern island even close to the ulster border.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
There's a good thread on DigitalSpy that confirms the 12500 symbol rate.

Apparently, some sat receivers need the LNB Intermediate frequency deducting from the wanted tuning frequency as they don't do it for you (which one such user admitted to messing up the calculation).

Official Saorsat receivers one would hope could do this change without issue overnight?

80cm solid dishes or 1 metre in NW/SW apparently, and frequency reuse from some other Eutelsat spot beams mean fringe reception is not possible even with much larger dishes as it's interference limited. Much of NI is ok, and it also works in bits of Wales and the SW of England, allegedly.

Out of interest...

What's the make and model number of your satellite receiver?
Direct to walker tv.
Got another box in the end.

Saorsat requires a totally different lnb to the usual Ku Band Universal lnb. I take it you have one ?

It's very hard to get unless you live in Southern island even close to the ulster border.

Correct. I got another sat box in the end since the TV would not change the parameters.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom