Question Unable to access network shares

joelk2

Distinguished Member
Hello,

i have a HP N40L microserver. its been flawless since i bought it.

it runs WHS 11 and its not setup complicated (runs plex, sabnzb & crashplan)

drives are pooled with drivebender which has some redundancy wizardry built in.

for years (6 or 7) its been running exactly how i need and has survived multiple house moves and multiple ISP switches.

the other while i was copying files to it i got an error and i was no longer able to access any shared folder.

i logged in via RDP and checked the health of the drive and they were all fine. i can ping the server from my PC & can still access sabnzb web access and plex can still see and play the files on the server.

the only change of late has been an ISP change.

anyone have any ideas? ive googled and googled but no avail.

DannyBoy73

I'd try some of the following.

Via RDP and a CMD window, try "net share" - Does it list your expected shares?
Via RDP and a CMD window, try "dir \\<hp_ip\<share>", e.g. "dir \\serverpc\data", does it give you any output?

scarty16

I have a similar issue on my NAS drive - related to WIn 10 1803 and samba v1 being removed from it.

DannyBoy73

I have a similar issue on my NAS drive - related to WIn 10 1803 and samba v1 being removed from it.
You can enable SMBv1 for Windows 10 if you really need it? You'll just be more at risk from viruses (malmare/ransonware) that spreads over SMB shares.

joelk2

Distinguished Member
I'd try some of the following.

Via RDP and a CMD window, try "net share" - Does it list your expected shares?
Via RDP and a CMD window, try "dir \\<hp_ip\<share>", e.g. "dir \\serverpc\data", does it give you any output?

Will try these cheers.

How do you re-enable?

DannyBoy73

DannyBoy73

joelk2

Distinguished Member
Although I might add that I used to be able to access the shares using SMB on my phone which I also cannot do now. So think this could be something server side.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling file and print sharing.

joelk2

Distinguished Member
So I disconnected the server when I started having internet issues which fixed that but now everytime I connect my server to my router it knocks out my internet connection and causes my router to constantly drop connection. Something seems up with it.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom