Unable to access Foxsat-HDR in Network

DistortedVision

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been able to access the files on my Foxsat-HDR without any problems but stopped working this morning and I don't understand why. I can no longer see it in Network but I can: ping it, access through the web interface and telnet to it. I am running Raydon’s Media and File Server Bundle v. 4.0.8

I have tried the obvious things such as rebooting my router and disabling firewall. I've tried it from several machines on network and its the same on all. I've checked that samba is running correctly and it appears to be:

servicesh.png

Can anyone please suggest anything?

Many thanks!

Try mapping a network drive to it.
Windows Explorer/Tools/Map network drive...
Drive : whatever
Folder : \\Foxsat-HDR\media

You don't need to browse to it. Just fill in the Map network drive fields with the information I gave you and it will force the network to go look for it.

I have lost network access to Foxsat-hdr. I was running cfw 4.0.8 but when i lost access I updated the box to 4.1.1. Update worked ok but still have no network access. Can anyone help ?

I have lost network access to Foxsat-hdr. I was running cfw 4.0.8 but when i lost access I updated the box to 4.1.1. Update worked ok but still have no network access. Can anyone help ?
Can you ping the box ip address from a command prompt ?

oops. I forgot to say that I am using an iMac and Safari. Cfw 4.0.8 had been working for several years both on Pc and iMac.

Can ping Foxsat and see on ip scanner. No error message from Safari when entering ip address. 192.168.1.72 but no response either.

Ipscanner finds Foxsat and identifies it correctly as Humax. Ping from ipscanner gives success. Still no response to Safari (Or Firefox) ......

Thanks raydon. I got it working by power cycling the Foxsat again.

I've had this on a few occasions often after transferring a lot of files to my PC, if you run the Windows diagnostics from the web page it says something like "the connection was refused by the Humax" rebooting the HDR solves this issue.

When this happens I can't access from Explorer or Internet Explorer but can ping it.

I've had this on a few occasions often after transferring a lot of files to my PC, if you run the Windows diagnostics from the web page it says something like "the connection was refused by the Humax" rebooting the HDR solves this issue.

When this happens I can't access from Explorer or Internet Explorer but can ping it.
Sounds like mongoose crashed as it sometimes does. servermon, if installed, will check it once every 60 secs and restart it.

Sounds like mongoose crashed as it sometimes does. servermon, if installed, will check it once every 60 secs and restart it.

ironically It's just thrown me out of the Web interface but I can still access it from explorer.
Here is the message from IE:
upload_2013-12-29_15-30-34.png

ironically It's just thrown me out of the Web interface but I can still access it from explorer.
Here is the message from IE:
View attachment 448665
When a web server is starting it is quite usual to refuse connections until all is ready.

That message is not from IE - If you want to see the IE message turn off friendly error messages in IE settings.

Thanks Repassac.
I understand the message is from network diagnostics started when clicking the diagnose problem from IE.

The problem occurred whilst going through the epg adding recordings not when the HDR had just started. I'd gone through a few days when it decided it had had enough! It does this relatively frequently. Reloading the page makes no difference and only solution appears to be a soft restart.

I was incorrect in my statement in my earlier post as I could/can still access the HDR with explorer.

Not a real problem to me as I know the solution (restart the HDR).

Hi Repassac, no I don't, would it be a good idea to install it?

It checks every 60 seconds that mongoose (the web server) is still running and if not restarts it and then sleeps again.

It checks every 60 seconds that mongoose (the web server) is still running and if not restarts it and then sleeps again.

I have just installed it, thanks again for all your (and the others) development and support for our community.

Happy new year to all.

Andrew

oops. I forgot to say that I am using an iMac and Safari. Cfw 4.0.8 had been working for several years both on Pc and iMac.

Can ping Foxsat and see on ip scanner. No error message from Safari when entering ip address. 192.168.1.72 but no response either.
Check via telnet that mongoose is running (service command, see post #1).

Hello again. I have still not solved the problem with access via network to my Foxsat HDR. I have tried from a PC using Windows 7 and IE but no luck. Would it be worth trying to install an earlier version of the custom firmware ? (Although 4.0.8 didn't work either)

Hello again. I have still not solved the problem with access via network to my Foxsat HDR. I have tried from a PC using Windows 7 and IE but no luck. Would it be worth trying to install an earlier version of the custom firmware ? (Although 4.0.8 didn't work either)
No - the reason will be nothing to do with the version of the firmware. Firstly you need to ensure that mongoose is running on the Foxsat - see #19 and #1.

It took me a while to find out how to use it but I finally managed to get Telnet to run on my Windows 7 . I am not familiar with Telnet but when I tried to Open 192.168.1.72 the message was that the connection had failed. I am able to Ping the Foxsat from a CMD prompt.

It took me a while to find out how to use it but I finally managed to get Telnet to run on my Windows 7 . I am not familiar with Telnet but when I tried to Open 192.168.1.72 the message was that the connection had failed. I am able to Ping the Foxsat from a CMD prompt.
Suggest you start by confirming that the Foxsat is indeed that address and not another device (look in Foxsat settings).

If so telnet may not be installed - Download the latest firmware and unpack it - the telnet install should be included - just place it on a USB stick and insert - it (just telnet) should be installed automatically.

Reboot the Foxsat, then using your Windows 7 PC open a command window are enter
Telnet ipaddress

You should then see the same as post #1 above.

Hi,
I found out that there were no open ports on the Foxsat.

My son helped me and we added the telnet from a USB stick as you suggested --- now all working.

Thanks for all the help.

A result, My daughters ask for PC advice frequently It is nice to see a result with someone else.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom