Question UN75MU6300 poor video streaming quality

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by FlyingFiddle, Aug 3, 2018.

1. FlyingFiddle

FlyingFiddle
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I just bought a UN75MU6300 model from Costco (Canada) and spent the night setting up and testing the Tizen apps. The system itself is quite fluid but I found that built-in apps, specifically Youtube and Netflix, have poor streaming quality.

For youtube, when I run many 4K videos, the app tends to automatically select a lower rate such as 480p. When I force it to 1080p, occasional pauses will happen. At 4k quality, the video would chop a lot.

For Netflix, the video will start streaming at a very poor quality, slowly get better but never as good as even my current 720p TV with a Chromcast.

My TV is in the room that is very close to my router. I even used the Internet app to go to Internet Speed Test site of Google and got very good test results (over 20MPs download and similar upload, I have Bell fiber internet). So I am confused as to where the problem might be. Maybe it just can't sustain a good streaming rate? Or the fault of the apps? Has anyone had a similar problem with their TVs?

I was hoping NOT to have to use a Chromecast Ultra or a media box for this TV as it's Tizen system has all the streaming apps I would need. Would be a shame if I can't use them to stream content at decent quality.

Thank you!

2. mark00754

mark00754
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    hi is that 20mbps or 20MBps?

are you using wifi or Ethernet?

3. FlyingFiddle

FlyingFiddle
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I still have the streaming quality problem when I am using wifi. My web-browser based speed test was suggesting a fine speed but that doesn't translate into decent youtube or netflix video quality. It's a shame.

I have now switched to using Ethernet and it's much better. All youtube 4k video now plays nicely.

I am using those Ethernet through power line devices from D-link, if anyone is interested in this solution.