• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

UN65MU8500 dropping inut signal

tcampbell

Novice Member
Hello there,

I have been chasing this problem for months and I do not trust to call Samsung and talk with a rep who I can not understand nor who understands my issue.

So let me start with what my setup is and how I have it laid out. The TV is a 2017 model UN65MU8500, I am running a Denon AVR-X4400H receiver with a Roku Ultra. I have the Roku HDMI going into my MEDIA PLAYER HDMI input on the Denon, and running HDMI out of the Denon into the TV. I will be watching TV with everything on, and out of no where the audio and video will cut out for a second, and then it comes back on. It will do this for a while, just cutting in and out, and than it will tell me that there is no signal. If i can, I will try to upload a video for people to see, or maybe even share a link to my youtube account.

So far I have purchased new HDMI cables, used different inputs on the tv, even on the receiver as well. I have also sent the Denon in to have a new HDMI board put in. When i got it back, it still did the same thing. I have adjusted my 4k enhancement settings built into my receiver to allow for either standard (which is 4k HDR at 30hz) or enhanced (which is 4k HDR at 60hz) and the tv supports both.

I have also tried a different TV, and it works fine. I have also tried connecting the roku dirrectly into the TV and everything works fine. It is only when i have the Denon hooked inbetween the TV and the Roku. And just for those that may ask, this also happens when i use my XBOX One X hooked up the same way.

I dont understand why it works when the receiver is not in the mix on this TV, but on a different TV, it works just fine with the receiver in the mix. I do not want to use ARC because than i dont get dolby atmos with that. Any help would be much appreciated. I have attached a link below of what is happening. No buttons are being pressed by anyone while this was recorded. Everything is happening on its own.

SparkyVic

Novice Member
Hi, new to the site so forgive me if this has already been resolved elsewhere, I am also having the same/similar issues, did you find a solution?
Thanks.

audio2020california

Novice Member
Hi, I'm experiencing exact same issue. Did you got it figured out?

I have an AVR-X4400H. My issue started when I purchased a new Samsung TV Q60 in December 2019. I end up returning the TV and bought a Q70 and still have same issues. I replaced the HDMI Cables and issue is less consistent but still persists. I can't figure out what it is. It works fine when I plug an old TV. The issue is also more consistent with the Roku Ultra than Apple TV. I replaced the Roku Ultra for a new one and issue still persists. I got to the point that is the receiver.

My receiver is out of warranty and I'm not sure what should I do.

SparkyVic

Novice Member
Hi, I'm experiencing exact same issue. Did you got it figured out?

I have an AVR-X4400H. My issue started when I purchased a new Samsung TV Q60 in December 2019. I end up returning the TV and bought a Q70 and still have same issues. I replaced the HDMI Cables and issue is less consistent but still persists. I can't figure out what it is. It works fine when I plug an old TV. The issue is also more consistent with the Roku Ultra than Apple TV. I replaced the Roku Ultra for a new one and issue still persists. I got to the point that is the receiver.

My receiver is out of warranty and I'm not sure what should I do.
Hi, yes I did solve the issue after reading loads and some trial and error. I read somewhere that the unit struggles with outputting 1080 and 4k at the same time, cut a long story short, I go to, setup-video-output settings-hdmi video output, The three options here are, Auto(dual), MONITOR 1, MONITOR 2. I switch the output to either Monitor 1 for my 4k Samsung TV, or Monitor 2 for my optoma 1080 projector. This works every time for me, the TV still blips a few times when initially powered up but only when the nvidia shield is the input and this settles down within minutes, I know it's not an ideal solution but it's fairly quick once you get used to it. Hope this helps.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom