UN65KS9500FXZA help

Minisoda

Novice Member
Hi, my Samsung 65 inch curved tv ( KS9500 ) screen went black. No standby light. I was wondering if anyone took off the rear panel for a DIY repair. I've tried looking at videos and researching information but haven't come across anything on this particular model. I was wondering if I need to take the stand off. If so, how to safely place the tv while servicing it. I didn't want to inflict any damage to it. Too nice to just ditch. If anyone has any information to share on repair for this model tv, I would greatly appreciate it. I've joined other forums before and I'm a believer in them so thank you!

JayCee

Distinguished Member
If it uses the one connect box I would be looking there for the fault rather than the TV since it gets its power from the box I believe.

Anostraca

Oh my,
It is always pain in the ass to repair an OC box TV...

Ignore diode, check digital audio, if its black then its like 50/50 chance that MB in OC or MB in TV is dead, but it could be power units aswell.

It's extremely hard to determine which component is malfunctioning on OC TVs.

As of if you want to open up the TV just place it screen down on a big table (so the frame around screen is the thing that the tv lies on) or on a sofa. You will need two screw drivers, lot of patience and some luck (yeah one of the opening tools at one customer broke so I had to open the TV in a DIY manner).

Best thing you can do is to borrow OC box from a friend with same or at least similar TV (have to be same model row idealy same or higher) and test it, and OC cable aswel. If that will fail its probably TV main board.

As I said it is pretty hard to determine what cases the problem precisely.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom