• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question UN60J6300 Won't Play 5.1 on Smart Hub Apps

PRY4SNO

Novice Member
New TV, odd issue. Amp is new as well (Harmon Kardon AVR1510), but it works fine with different sources (laptop via HDMI, cable TV tuner).

At first, getting the sound to work with Netflix and YouTube was a real challenge. Turned out I had the wrong HDMI out from the TV, as HDMI2 is the only ARC compatible port. Once I switched from HDMI1 to HDMI2, digital sound worked great.

Then, once in a while, sound wouldn't work through my amp and only on the TV speakers. I found that if I turned off both the TV and amp and restarted, sound would restore.

Now, I get no sound through my amp while using the SmartHub apps. Swtich from cable to smart TV and nada.

I've tried turning off the AnyNet+ with no improvement.

Suggestions?

PRY4SNO

Novice Member
Furthermore, when looking into the sound settings, the TV doesn't even recognize the Receiveras a source (as it does while watching TV, and used to when digital sound was working).

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom