Ummm - All my movie channels have vanished!

D

Dodgey

And Sky movies 9 and 10HD are now called Sky Movies HD1 and 2!

Seriously- ALL the Sky movie channels are not in the guide any more. My favourites which were the movie channels are now a block of channels where they were!

Anyone had this? Obv be calling sky (on my 2nd box now)

T

Tommy Angelo

The numbers have gone and the channels are now genre specific. They still use the same numbers though.

runner05

Banned
i hate when sky do this crap, there was nothin wrong with the old set up.

if they were gunna play around with the movie chanels they should make them all HD or leave them alone:lesson:

Kamin99

if they were gunna play around with the movie chanels they should make them all HD or leave them alone:lesson:

Yep totally agree, well said

mmace

My favourites which were the movie channels are now a block of channels where they were!

Anyone had this? Obv be calling sky (on my 2nd box now)
are you saying that all the movie channels were in your "favourites" and now they're not there?

if so, no need for another box, just re-programme them

Scapegoat

Anybody like to guess when this will be? I remember it took a fair while to get all the film channels in widescreen.

As for the change round - personally makes more sense. If you are looking out for a film to come back on again - less channels to search through if you know the genre.

Anybody like to guess when this will be? I remember it took a fair while to get all the film channels in widescreen.

If they made all the movie channels HD, what would the people without HD boxes watch...?:confused:

Contrary to all belief, there are still people out there who DON'T have surround sound...:eek:

:D

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
If they made all the movie channels HD, what would the people without HD boxes watch...?:confused:

Contrary to all belief, there are still people out there who DON'T have surround sound...:eek:

dont need surround sound to watch sky HD;)

or infact HD for surround

Scapegoat

I had my Sky HD box hooked up to a regular TV via SCART and it displayed the HD channels ok - just in SD. So what is the problem?

jason g

Distinguished Member
dont see why they bothered with changing the styles as i never look at what number a film was on anyway, i just used to look at what films are on and select one so its a bit of a waste really.
the only decent part is the sky 1 and 1 hour plus which is handy if u have missed the start of the film.

i would rather have 2 channels one in hd, of a video on demand say u go into a list and just pick any film u want to see from skys catalogue.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member

I have watched 1 film since this channel crap.

I cant find anything to watch cause half the channels are off 50% of the time and all they show on the sci/fi channel is ******* Star Wars.

Scapegoat

So you paid £10 a month for HD channels that you couldn't see in HD...:eek: :confused:

No problem here mate...;)

Nope. Only a man with a wooden head would do that :rotfl: . Switched over Sky boxes in the morning with old TV - connected up HD TV later on that day.

Still my question stands - Sky should make all movie channels HD.

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Sky are just lazy bums they have knocked off 3 movie channels and the remaining channels are non viewable 50% of the day.

Sky keep this up I am leaving.

Ok if they want genres then ADD them to the SM1-10 not replace them.

Nope. Only a man with a wooden head would do that :rotfl: . Switched over Sky boxes in the morning with old TV - connected up HD TV later on that day.

Still my question stands - Sky should make all movie channels HD.

There's only just enough content available on HD to fill 2 channels for 15 hours a day...no way could they fill 10 for 24.
Most of the movies on Sky are not available on HD DVD or BD yet. then again, Sky have shown movies in HD that aren't available yet (Start Wars). I think we are dreaming when we think we are going to get all movies in HD at this early stage. lets remember, Sky HD is still less than a year as it is...

PhilNUK

yup... feel the same as some of you guys... they have really messed this up... they have cut down the amount of stuff and the stuff they have left is only on for half a day, and is more heavily repeated... wish they would get rid of some of the **** music channels... and all the crap bid up tv stuff instead..

really do feel like getting rid of sky... this and the sudden hard drive noise and ridiculous fan noise appearing on what was once a dead quiet box for 6 months is very annoying...

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
I still havent found anything I really wanna watch they are repeating the same programs.

Wasnt so bad when there was 10 movie channels but now they are categorized its even worse.

I dont see why they didnt just get rid of the Sky Cinema channels and replace them with Sky Classics and either Sky Indie or Sky Modern.

What on gods green earth convinced them that the Sky Premier and +1 was a good idea when they show the same film 7 days a week.

I dont smoke myself and find it highly annoying when around people that do but I wouldnt mind trying some of the stuff they are puffing.

God - am I glad that last post by ronaco was deleted...I want this, I want that...I want to win the lottery, but it ain't gonna happen...;)
Now I'm getting used to the new format, it's actually a lot easier to find the movie you want. I think having the premiers showing for 7 nights is a good idea also...though I do agree, I think the premier movie channels should be in HD. But until Warners and Sky shake hands, that's not gonna happen either...:)

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
God - am I glad that last post by ronaco was deleted...I want this, I want that...I want to win the lottery, but it ain't gonna happen...;)
Now I'm getting used to the new format, it's actually a lot easier to find the movie you want. I think having the premiers showing for 7 nights is a good idea also...though I do agree, I think the premier movie channels should be in HD. But until Warners and Sky shake hands, that's not gonna happen either...:)

But thats what the dozens of Box Office Channels are for.

But that still dont explain the +1 thing.

But thats what the dozens of Box Office Channels are for.

But that still dont explain the +1 thing.

Would YOU pay to see Harry Potter now...18 months nearly after it's cinema release? You do know that there is a problem with Sky & Warner ref HD material don't you...? Hence there being no Warner content on Sky HD at all...?

My biggest gripe with Sky now is the Anytime service and in particular the movis. I woke up one morning and found On The Waterfront on my HD in glorious HD - IMO, one of the best movies ever made. It actually said available until Friday 13th...so I sat down to watch it last night and it had gone!!:mad:

Jay53

Well since I've been accused of being Sky propaganda machine (I wish, at least then I'd be getting a cheap rate than £63.50 p/m for SkyHD+Multiroom :D) just because I happen to think the new format is better and shows just as many repeats as before albeit its more obvious now, I thought I'd go for broke :)

Just been reading the SkyMovies blog (http://www.skymovies.com/skymovies/article/0,,80000-1256973,00.html) and I reckon people have been complaining as the following statement was included

"It's worth noting that we show 450 different movies a week - just as we always have - we have simply changed the way in which you receive the movies after a lot of research!"

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but that implies to me that the service hasn't reduced. I'd go as far as to say that since we've technically got 2 less channels and they are still showing 450+ movies then we must have less repetition of movies - not more ;)

As to the premiere channels being Sky Box office channels. Erm don't see the comparision. Sky Box office you pay per film and available some months prior to them ever appearing on any of the movie channels?

Gets his flame proof trousers on now for daring to like what Sky have done :D

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Audio Research announces I/50 integrated valve amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Loewe confirms return to luxury TV market
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Elipson adds Music Centre Connect HD to Connected range
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for October 2021