UltraViolet closing

My Magnificent 7 would not migrate, strange that yours did.

My version says below.

© 2016 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc., LSC Film Corporation and Village Roadshow Films Global Inc. All Rights Reserved

My Magnificent 7 would not migrate, strange that yours did.

My version says below.

© 2016 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc., Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc., LSC Film Corporation and Village Roadshow Films Global Inc. All Rights Reserved

Sorry, my fault, corrected to "wouldn't". It didn't migrate!

I found some UK films that did not port and as I expected some US films that did not port.

I contacted Warner support about the UK titles at least especially when some of them were Warner UK titles Like Matrix Reloaded. I would suggest that if you see a UK title that did not port look on google play and if they have it contact Warner and report it.

I got a reply they are looking into it on mine at least but I still need to look at the list and add more titles. If people can get them reported and fixed at least it would help the more people mention it to them. Better to get it sorted now rather then later. The worst that will happen is they might say they won't fix it and the best case is they fix it and we can redeem the titles on google play.

It's nothing for most people but what really annoyed me about migrating from UV to Flex to Google is that before I could often chose foreign language tracks for films even though I'd bought them in the UK. On google I can't, it's just English every time.

I can't even chose a foreign language track on the one disk I got from Germany which had a digital code :-(

It matters for me as I buy films from the foreign markets to practice language skills. Of course I'll still buy physical disks from Germany, so no real change for me, but a little bonus just vanished into the cloud.

I’ve migrated them - well the ones it said you could - even then San Andreas failed for some reason - they all now show in google play but flixster now says verify now under each - when I press verify in flixster it doesn’t seem to do anything - what does verify mean ? Thanks

Got my email today, so that’s my weekend sorted... most of mine are already in Google as I sync’d via MA.

Anyone else with the Breaking Bad boxsets to migrate?

Breaking Bad, Season 04 - Face Off is showing as not available,
All the others are ok :confused:

I’ve migrated them - well the ones it said you could - even then San Andreas failed for some reason - they all now show in google play but flixster now says verify now under each - when I press verify in flixster it doesn’t seem to do anything - what does verify mean ? Thanks
That's all you need, the Verify button is there in case there is a hiccup or lost connection opening up the Google play tab and you need to try again.

@max222 I'm not clear - did you manage to get San Andreas to migrate? It won't migrate for me, I get "Error redeeming code. Error code: BM-RC-20"...

Rest all fine, except non-UK movies, which is to be expected... Rather pleased that SD migrate across as HD - I redeemed a fair few SD UV codes prior to the UV shutdown, so nice to see them now in HD on Google :)

Anyone else with the Breaking Bad boxsets to migrate?

Breaking Bad, Season 04 - Face Off is showing as not available,
All the others are ok :confused:

I have migrated Breaking Bad. I got that episode, but three are missing from Season 5. Episodes 3, 6, 7.

Justified is missing the final episode of the final season.

Well this could get complicated...

20190927_103524.jpg

I live in Ireland, work in Northern Ireland. Going by the picture it seems that my Play account is Irish, (euro values in the background)

I take it that the error is because I'm currently in the UK at work and I'll need to migrate when I'm at home on WiFi?

Looks like Google is ahead of the game and all set for Brexit ........ :)

I found some UK films that did not port and as I expected some US films that did not port.

I contacted Warner support about the UK titles at least especially when some of them were Warner UK titles Like Matrix Reloaded. I would suggest that if you see a UK title that did not port look on google play and if they have it contact Warner and report it.

I got a reply they are looking into it on mine at least but I still need to look at the list and add more titles. If people can get them reported and fixed at least it would help the more people mention it to them. Better to get it sorted now rather then later. The worst that will happen is they might say they won't fix it and the best case is they fix it and we can redeem the titles on google play.

Did you have any luck with Warner support in getting the other films migrated over?

Cheers

With things like this happening 'owning' the movies that we bought and paid for, is simply a thing of the past.

Why they have not removed DRM and allowed us to download and watch on whatever device we please just baffles me. It's outdated, doesn't work and there will always be someone there to crack it.

The move over to Google was a strange one, where the US got MoviesAnywhere, and we're stuck with just Google with no ports from there to out uk itunes accounts.

It's about time the media companies realise, after all these years, that *some* people like us who pay for our content want to be able to watch it where ever we want HD or 4K, on whatever device we want, with or without an internet connection despite what country we live in, move to or go on holiday to.

Yes exactly this

@max222 I'm not clear - did you manage to get San Andreas to migrate? It won't migrate for me, I get "Error redeeming code. Error code: BM-RC-20"...

Rest all fine, except non-UK movies, which is to be expected... Rather pleased that SD migrate across as HD - I redeemed a fair few SD UV codes prior to the UV shutdown, so nice to see them now in HD on Google :)

I wish I'd never set-up a Movies Anywhere account when the news broke of Ultraviolet closing. It was pointless as none of the films (that weren't previously in my GP library) would play via either the Google Play app or Youtube App on my TV. All the films were listed but when I tried to play any of them I got a 'Playback Unavailable' message. After the latest news from Flixster about migrating to Google Play, I unlinked my Movies Anywhere account from all retailers but every film is still showing in my Play/Youtube accounts. There isn't any way I can find to delete titles from your library so now that I've migrated my Flixter titles to Google Play I now have doubles of everything :(

Sony's Magnificent 7 wouldn't migrate over (presumably because as discussed earlier in the thread).
I'm not sure if you've seen this from another forum thread. I've been able to migrate Magnificent 7 by setting a VPN to Switzerland (Windscribe free VPN for Chrome does this), then refresh your Flixter migration page. The film should now be available for migration. Migrate, and copy the code shown on the screen (there'll be a message saying code's not for your country's google account). Then go to
"Google Play"
, click redeem on left hand side, and it should allow you to paste/input code and will add to your UK google account. You shouldn't need VPN for inputting the Swiss code once you've got hold of it

You can then try the same with a VPN for Canada, Australia, etc - then change last two digits of the redemption link to 'CA' for Canada, etc, and might get more available to migrate via this same method. Some of the Canadian codes also then migrate from your UK google account to Movies Anywhere etc.

I went on to my flixster tonight as I noticed that my North by Northwest had not yet been migrated. So assuming I had missed it, I went to transfer the film. It’s no longer there at all ! No trace anywhere. I got the code from a Steelbook Blu Ray ( UK ) and it was part of the collection that gave me Casablanca and The Jazz Singer, they are there but North by Northwest. Gone !

I also noticed that none of my 20th Century Fox titles seem to have gone across or been available to go across - now wondering about some Warner titles also as they are showing as unavailable to migrate. What happens in these cases ?? Anyone know yet ? I saw above that someone has contacted Warner UK. If you have the email address I am happy to join the fight and report what I have missing.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if you've seen this from another forum thread. I've been able to migrate Magnificent 7 by setting a VPN to Switzerland (Windscribe free VPN for Chrome does this), then refresh your Flixter migration page. The film should now be available for migration. Migrate, and copy the code shown on the screen (there'll be a message saying code's not for your country's google account). Then go to
"Google Play"
, click redeem on left hand side, and it should allow you to paste/input code and will add to your UK google account. You shouldn't need VPN for inputting the Swiss code once you've got hold of it

I managed to get the redemption code by using VPN, but Play Store not allowing me to redeem with the message about not being able to redeem for your country. How did you get it to work? Many thanks!

Also, has anyone managed to get San Andreas to work yet?

Actually, got it working in the end. As I was using my phone, it was taking me directly to the Play Store app. Thanks for the info!

I got a reply today after emailing about missing content from my migration.

Apparently some of my films cannot be migrated, even though all of them are on Google Play. But I should at least end up with complete seasons of TV shows.

This transfer has been a mess. When Blinkbox (or whatever it was called by the end of all the ownership changes) migrated to Rakuten, credit was given to make up for lost content (it didn’t allow anywhere near as much to be purchased as lost, but was better than nothing). No such consideration here.

I keep discovering that titles have disappeared from Flixster completely, let alone won’t migrate. Anyone else noticing this ?

All of mine that were not already in Google, migrated fine.

I keep discovering that titles have disappeared from Flixster completely, let alone won’t migrate. Anyone else noticing this ?
What I mean is. Titles are not showing in Flixster. So then I can’t migrate what is missing.....

Now I know it’s probably no loss, but my Dad’s Army film has completely gone from Flixster. As has my North By Northwest.

if they are not in Flixster anymore I can’t migrate them, but I can’t figure out why they would be gone from Flixster completely ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom