Ultra-slim wall mount for LE40M86/7

Bob Todd

Banned
Hi all,

I will most likely be ordering a Samsung LE40M86/7 next month and have been looking for fixed wall mounts. I wanted something as slim as possible and came across this ...

http://www.theplasmacentre.com/product_details.php?products_id=1158&bracket_id=122&

It supports the VESA 200 x 200 so is compatible with the set but was just wondering whether anybody here had used one of these and had any opinions good or bad?

Cheers in advance.

Gav

Great find :smashin:

can anyone find anything slimmer?

surely not

Gavster

I've actually ordered this mount now ... should arrive today some time. Although it's now for the F86 and not the M86 as mentioned in the thread title.

Essentially, it's compliant with VESA 200 x 200 only but I would guess that's compatible with most mid-sized panels.

I will post back with a review of the bracket once I've fitted it (I intend to post a full write up of my TV cable ducting and mounting shenanigans but I'm not sure under which topic to post at present ... maybe somebody could advise)

Gavster

any news is it good quality

Yep. Took delivery of it last week but haven't fitted it up yet. I intend to purchase the tv this week and hopefully get it all fitted over the coming weekend. I intend to take lots of photos of the whole process and post them up here.

So far, I'm very impressed with the mount. It's made from a good heavy gauge steel so it's not flimsy at all. All the parts are nicely finished (ie - no sharp edges) and it looks to have a powder-coat paint finish. It comes with a pack of bolts (all categorised) as long as your arm so that you should be able to attach this baby to pretty much any television you care to mention and spacers (many) are also provided for tvs with curved backs. Large bolts are also provided for screwing the back plate into the wooden studs of a dry wall. I'm going into a brick wall so will have to purchase some rawl bolts but that's no big deal.

I was also pleased to see two bars that slot into the bracket once the tv is in place. These prevent the tv from 'accidentally' being lifted or falling from the bracket. They also have been drilled and I intend to put a padlock through them ... this prevents them from being removed entirely and would make it very awkward for the tv to be removed from the wall. This security feature wasn't mentioned in the blurb for this bracket so it was good to see (as some brackets are advertised as having this as a feature).

Postage was a bit steep at a tenner but for 70 quid all in, I still think this is a good bracket for the money.

Oh, and further to what I said earlier about being VESA 200 x 200 compliant. The parts that attache to the tv itself have many holes so I would guess that it would fit a lot of tvs with smaller mountings than that. I think the 200 x 200 is just the largest size it will cater for. But please don't take my word for that as I have no experience with this bracket yet. Just my thoughts.

I'll add a link later to the thread which describes the installation so we'll have to wait and see exactly how good the bracket is when it actually comes to attaching a tv to it. :D

Bob Todd

Banned
nice cant wait, im half wondering if i should buy one of these and fix my sharp 32 to it until i get my 42 (as soon as sharp release their new models)

Gavster

nice cant wait, im half wondering if i should buy one of these and fix my sharp 32 to it until i get my 42 (as soon as sharp release their new models)

I don't know what mounting system your Sharp is compatible with so I couldn't say for sure that it'd fit that. Chances are that it probably would though ... ;)

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom