Question Ultra Short Throw Projector recommendation / Questions?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TheBlueRaja, Jun 9, 2018.

1. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Hi,
    Never had a projector before but i think I'm looking for a Full HD Ultra Short Throw Projector that can project onto a 77" screen from as little as 60cm away, but preferably 10 to 20cm closer if possible.

I say 77" because that seems to be a standard screen size that i can purchase and it will fit my room well.

I'd also like to be able to position it slightly off center as i have a center speaker right in the middle of my unit i intend it to sit on and i obviously don't want it in front or on top of that.

I know long range projectors can do this but i wasn't sure about ultra short throws.

My budget is around £1000.

I have seen the Optima GT range that talk about 100" from 30cm away but 100" is a bit much for me so im looking to understand if i can make it smaller than 100" and if i can then have it off center.

And you lot might have better recommendations anyway. ;)

Thanks folks.

2. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +675
    If you want it smaller simply move the projector closer to the wall/screen. Obviously there will be a fundamental limit once you've actually butted up against the screen, but you should be able to get it down to 77".