• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Ultra-n00b question (connecting Sub - Pic included) :D

CrazyCat

I just found a pic of the rear of a KX-10 sub (i'm planning on getting the M&K K1 set for my bedroom, to use with my Onkyo SR-606).

rearlrgaz2.jpg

I was just wondering how exactly I hook it all up... i'm assuming I just go from the Onkyo's sub pre-out to 'any' of the single inputs in the "From Amp" section on the back of the sub?

Another stupid question: What are the "to speakers" outputs for? Why would i want speakers going via the sub?!

thanks in advance :D

Last edited:

paulst10

Distinguished Member
I just found a pic of the rear of a KX-10 sub (i'm planning on getting the M&K K1 set for my bedroom, to use with my Onkyo SR-606).

I was just wondering how exactly I hook it all up... i'm assuming I just go from the Onkyo's sub pre-out to 'any' of the single inputs in the "From Amp" section on the back of the sub?

Another stupid question: What are the "to speakers" outputs for? Why would i want speakers going via the sub?!

thanks in advance :D

Hi, you would connect from the amps sub pre-out to the subs line level input (left or right) :thumbsup:

The speakers terminals are high level inputs and would be used mainly for stereo setups using the sub internal crossover to integrate with your 2 speakers :)

CrazyCat

Oh right, good job I asked, i was totally wrong :D

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom