Bargain Expired Ultra hd/4K picture settings

LBP

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi I recently puchased a Samsung QN94A and noticed that when watching a movie in ultra hd/4K that the picture settings would automatically change to a much higher level. Does anybody know whether you can keep your original setting or is this is standard thing? Also I’d like to know what is the best picture setting for this tv. Thank you.

The higher level will be the HDR kicking in from the 4k material you are watching. I suspect this can be turned off somewhere within either the TV or player, but its one of the main features of 4k, so, you might just need to get the TV calibrated for optimal viewing. As for settings, every panel is different, so what's ideal for one might not be perfect for another (although it will certainly look different)

Thanks mate for your reply 👍🏻 The thing is, is that you have to have the settings pretty much maxed out which isn’t good, to make the picture bright enough with the HDR on, otherwise the picture is really dark. I’ve looked everywhere in the menu for a HDR on off setting with no joy.

Yeah, I've looked at the manual for you re the HDR settings and it seems Samsung are hiding some of the features in the game section (although I'm not 100% sure as I don't know enough about your TV model other than what I've seen in the settings today)

One thing you could do is change the standard picture setting (which I suspect fires the TV into dynamic) back to its original setting you usually use. It's a bit of a pain as the TV is trying to be to clever to show off its "WOW" feature, but I know that's all I do with my Panasonic when it happens :)

Thanks mate, i appreciate the reply and I’ll have a play around with the settings regarding your advice. Cheers 👍🏻

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom