Ultra cheap 32" Technika

naxtek

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for an ultra cheap 2nd TV to go in our bedroom. As it's going to be wall mounted it needs to be as thin as possible.

I'm a Panasonic fan and I'd love an E6B but can't really afford that right now. The B6B is more our price range but it's pretty chunky and only 720p.

I've seen a 32" Technika in Tesco which looks pretty good. It has a slim bezel, the picture quality is more than adequate for purpose, and having had a go with it in store, the on screen menus seem pretty good.

Buy Technika 32E21B-FHD 32 Inch Full HD 1080p Slim LED TV With Freeview from our LED TVs range - Tesco.com

I've got some vouchers and after taking those off, it's HALF the price of the best price I can find for the Panasonic.

The only thing that puts me off is the potential longevity. Do you think it's worth a punt or can anyone recommend an alternative?

Technika are a Tesco brand, could be made by anyone

Or really cheap Chinese.

Thanks, I actually seperately came to the conclusion that Samsung might be a better bet!

I think the Technika is a UMC. It's still a very attractive set, both in design and specs, but I think it could be a false economy if it breaks just out of warranty which is probably quite likely. The Samsung it is.

Always had great support as well as price matching from Richer Sounds. Their replacement policy is like for like whilst I belive JL bases its replacement on the current value of the original set so the older it gets the less will be the value of the replacement they offer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom