Ultimate Team

W90WBA

Couldn't see a thread specific for Ultimate Team so thought I'd create this to discuss everything Ultimate Team related (hope mods don't mind!) from players, teams, transfers the lot.

After losing about 8 games in a row I've finally found a decent team and starting to get a few wins under my belt, amazing how much more you enjoy this mode when you win a few and you get a couple of free gold packs!

What teams are most building - team of nationals, a specific league etc

If anyone ever fancys a game feel free to add my PSN and message when I'm online: shanew1705

stetash

I only just started playing UT on Friday, was a nice bonus to get the two free gold packs at the start so I have a great set of players with rubbish chemistry !

Can you be successful at UT without spending real money ?

stetash

I only just started playing UT on Friday, was a nice bonus to get the two free gold packs at the start so I have a great set of players with rubbish chemistry !

I'm trying to build a team of German based players at the moment, I have got the chemistry up to 55 but took a terrible thrashing online from a 100 chemistry team so quite a bit of work to do yet.

W90WBA

That's the issue I've had its been hard to get decent players without spending real money to get more coins however I've never spent my own money on coins, I enjoy playing UT however I don't enjoy it enough to want to put money into it. That's why with these gold packs its helped massively

stu646

Well I am using a full Argentina squad at the moment, got enough players for nearly two different Argentina teams. Will post them below. Not used them yet.

wVJ9Beq.jpg

pM5FqWM.jpg

PlaybookHero

I went Brazil with an Argentine front line. In div 5 and starting to encounter what I call 'Fifa' players rather than 'football' players...

W90WBA

Below is my team. Ive gone for the obvious choice of a premier league team

Attachments

• 1396806184263.jpg
    1396806184263.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 1396806200044.jpg
    1396806200044.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 110

thedude

Distinguished Member
Someone gift me some slots to sell players just bought 40k worth of players and got sh*t I need to sell and I mean sh*t as is they are sh*t!! :(

stu646

Well had a season with my Argentina team. Only lost 1 game and got promoted, so it went very well.

The midfield and attack is awesome, first time I have had liked using Aguero, scored 8 for me. The only problem with the team is all my CB's are soooooo slow, like average pace of 62. Luckily all of them have very high strength and great tackling, but do get caught out sometimes with over the top balls.

thedude

Distinguished Member
nice PIC!

stu646

Same when I faced a similar team, beat him quite easily. Like you say, is annoying to see such players wasted!

W90WBA

Another win with my team, I've finally found a team and formation that just works. Having 15+ shots each game and easily 60% of the ball! Although I'm still wondering if the teams I'm playing are that bad!

thedude

Distinguished Member
Another win with my team, I've finally found a team and formation that just works. Having 15+ shots each game and easily 60% of the ball! Although I'm still wondering if the teams I'm playing are that bad!
Yeah it's just the team's your playing are pants

PlaybookHero

How to people get these in forms and mega players... Even tevez in form is like 200000 coins?

hotspur77

Has anyone used Van Persie? Thoughts please?

Also anyone able to compare standard Gerrard with IF Gerrard?
and standard Baines with IF Baines?

Cheers

Shawpe

Has anyone used Van Persie? Thoughts please?

Also anyone able to compare standard Gerrard with IF Gerrard?
and standard Baines with IF Baines?

Cheers

Ah, I can help on all 3.

I play Van Persie up front by himself and he is a beast. People who slate him because he isn't fast are idiots, his shooting and dribbling easily make up for this, combined with strength and a high attacking work rate make him excellent.

IF Gerrard is okay, I benefit from playing him as a CDM next to Toure and they seem to boss most games. I really liked the normal Gerrard, so I'm not sure if I would say he is that much better, but he's not awful either.

IF Baines on the other hand is a must for any BPL team that can afford him, I loved his normal, but his IF is supreme, he always seems to be the one who recovers best and pops up when you think all is lost and his attacking play is excellent too.

I would also recommend IF Eriksen as a LM, he is half the price of Cazorla and Nasri and stats wise is right up there with them. He is fast and silky smooth with the ball, he's fast becoming a favoured player, so much so, I don't see myself ever wanting Hazard.

Last edited:

hotspur77

Cheers for the response @Shawpe
I'm on the hunt for IF Baines and Van Persie then.

Nice team above. Might have to take a look at Eriksen seeing as though I am a Spurs fan (for my sins).

Shawpe

I expect Mata definitely and possibly Gerrard to be TOTW this week so that might be interesting.

All that added to the excitement of EA promising the market will be fixed this week ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Sharp showcases its upcoming 4K TV and audio line-up
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
HiFi Rose announces all-in-one RS520 audio streamer
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
LG Display set to launch its own 27 and 32-inch OLED panels in 2023?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom