Ultimate On Demand & Netflix in 4KHDR via TV App?

nick270881

Hiya, if you have the Ultimate On Demand Pack and Sky Q Multiroom it unlocks Netflix UHD via the Sky Box.....but does it allow you to view in UHD & HDR via a Netflix TV App (on an LG OLED)?

Cheers

JayCee

Distinguished Member
When you take the Netflix offering via Sky, yes, you can then view Netflix in UHF & HDR on any device that supports it.

MarkNorton1

I didn’t think that was the case but could be wrong, I thought that Netflix through a sky q box would let you watch the 4k but not anything in HDR/Dolby Vision, I have linked by account with Sky but always revert to the in built LG tv app which I know does it anyway.

MarkNorton1

In fact just tried it and no you don’t get any HDR, Netflix only displays ultra HD in the heading and Dolby Vision display doesn’t cut in and take over.

The Sky q box isn’t capable of HDR at this stage from what I’ve read.

Last edited:

nick270881

In fact just tried it and no you don’t get any HDR, Netflix only displays ultra HD in the heading and Dolby Vision display doesn’t cut in and take over.

The Sky q box isn’t capable of HDR at this stage from what I’ve read.
Yeah I know the Sky Q box doesn’t do HDR...I’m talking about viewing it on a smart TV App instead with the UOD sub!

MarkNorton1

Sorry, my mistake, mid-interpretation of the question, and yes as per first response you’ll get Dolby Vision/HDR as normal!

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Yeah I know the Sky Q box doesn’t do HDR...I’m talking about viewing it on a smart TV App instead with the UOD sub!
Sorry, my mistake, mid-interpretation of the question, and yes as per first response you’ll get Dolby Vision/HDR as normal!
Sorry for hijacking the thread as I don't have Sky.

So getting Netflix via a Sky sub, and using the "app" on the Q box does not do HDR, but you can sign in to Netflix on a TV and get HDR??

Nice going Sky. I miss the Q's UI and the mini boxes with the shared recording (Virgin do this but it never works), but when your loosing to a Tivo box from Virgin, some heading scratching needs to happen.

Trending threads

Top Bottom