1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ultimate Force

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by TonyA, May 8, 2005.

1. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    At last ITV sneaked in the last episode of Series 3 of Ultimate Force on Saturday night.

They've been sitting on that episode for 2 months, and there was very little promotion of the fact that it was going to be shown. It was only by channel surfing, that I saw it as the next program on the Sky EPG for ITV.

Shown just in time for the DVD release on Monday! :rolleyes:

Lets hope they give Series 4 better treatment than they have given Series 3.

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    I dont understand why they did not show this with the other episodes.

3. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    There was a letter printed in one of the TV mags about this, and ITV's response, was that as each show was a self-contained story that they could show them at any time.

Sounds like complete bull-**** if you ask me.

It's probably down to the old fact that the first few episodes did not have the ratings they were expecting at the time, and so they did what ITV always tend to do, shelve whats left, and then show it at a later time (if at all!).

Look what happened to the series set on a Naval ship last year (cant even remember the name of it!). They showed three episodes of that a prime time, pulled it off air, I think they showed another two episodes at 11:30pm and then canned it completely!

They don't seem to understand that it takes time for an audience to accept the characters in a show, and that can only happen if we get to see it in a regular time slot!

Look at Only Fools and Horses - the first series got ratings so bad that if it had been on ITV, it would have had the plug pulled on it after the first few episodes, and would never have been seen again. Auntie Beeb staid with it, and it became one if its longest running sit-coms, pulling in the largest audiences (when the were first shown, I think even the most hardend fan must getting blurry eyes at watching the endless repeats by now!).

I'm really suprised that there is actually going to be a 4th Series, especially after the way they've been scheduling this one.

Lets hope they find it a proper time slot and keep it there.

4. carlton

carlton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I like u tony only spotted this by luck on ceefax,i enjoyed the other episodes prior to this and i enjoyed last nights to.Top stuff :thumbsup:

5. Andy_Lee

Andy_Lee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pretty obvious I would have thought. It was origionally scheduled to be on air around the time that guy was beheaded in Iraq, wasn't he an oil worker as well?

6. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    I honestly don't think that was the problem - If you're referring to Ken Bigley. That happened in Oct 2004.

Series 3 of Ultimate Force did not start on ITV until Feb. this year, some 5 months after the fact.

7. Andy_Lee

Andy_Lee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Blimey was it that long ago! Probably wrong then wasn't I. Can't think of any other reason for them to mess it about. Normally they only drop things from the schedule if there are one off's like the Football or similar and I can't think of anything like that, that has been on recently.

8. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    There's really going to be a fourth series?

9. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    According to an earlier post on here - Series 4 started shooting this month.