Ultimate DVD Trailers ?

monkeyleader

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a decent home cinema setup (40" Toshiba RP TV, Toshiba DVD, Yamaha DSP620 Amp etc etc .. ) Im sure there are a lot of you out with similar, or Im sure much better setups. On numerous occassions I have people round and they like to be taken through a demo of the system. Being a real film fan I enjoy doing this but it does get a tad repetitive having to load and unload the dvds. So I was wondering is there already, or plans to release a dvd which contains some of the best cut scenese for many films. Im sure like me many of you use the usual scenes to demo your systems ;

start of swordfish
beach scene of Saving Private Ryan
Gladiator (DTS) opening battle
Lobby scene from the Matrix
etc etc ...

So am I wishing for too much or can we expect something along these lines .. perhaps the easiest thing to do would be to burn these to my own dvd ?

cheers,

Nige

I got a free disc with a mag once it had all film clips on Godzilla,ronin', us marshalls, contact etc ........... the ad was on there were the guy is sitting in the armchair with all the helecopters and planes buzzing round the room, it's got the D/D trailer, a chapter were you can here the differences in stereo DPL and D/D.....it's a long time since i have used/seen it but if i come across it you are welcome to it...........will have a look over the weekend will let you know.................

Found it......Clips include:

A Life Less Ordinary, Brassed Off, City Of Angels, Contact
Corrs Live At The Albert Hall, Godzilla, Jumanji
Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels, Red Corner, Ronin
Sense And Sensibility, Shawshank Redemption
Simply Red In Concert, South Park, Spice World
Tomorrow Never Dies, US Marshalls, Velvet Goldmine

If interested e-mail or PM......bob

buy ultimate dvd platinum, it tests your system, and includes bits of certain movies that give out great poicture, dts sound and over all good quality, although it is mainly a disc 4 seting up your system it is quite good 4 demonstrating the effectivness of your setup.

Yeah, Id give a vote for the Ultimate DVD.
I got mine a few weeks ago after a reccommendation from DTS_Borg.

Got it from EzyDVD for about £13 inc postage, came withing 3 days.

was this the australian site you got this dvd from.
do you know if play or any other sites stock this demo disc.

Yep, Oz.

I got it from EzyDVD total price including shipping was $33 (Aus) which is about £12 at that price and the speed of service its barely even worth checking play and places like that, but its up to you.

its called the Ultimate Dvd Platinum - Demo Disc (552) if you want to check it out.

Hope that helps.

You got ultimate DVD platinum for £12, you git, I paid £25 for mine.

I love it when I find a bargain. :D

paid about £16 for mine

Thanks for the clue. I just ordered it, with postage was £11.77. Aussie dollar must be on the move:D
Rog

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom