UleadMovieFactory 5 Help with menu chapters pls?

grahamricho

Hi I have nearly finished my video I shot on my hols.
I split the video I shot into 8 short pieces and edited each one in turn.
I then opened movie maker and put all the small clips together and picked the thumbnail menu, I burnt the disc and when I inserted the disc into my DVD player the menu started up, you could not select any of the thumbnails only click play and it started playing,at the first clip, you could not jump chapters, but it would let you fast forward.
How do i get it to allow me to pick any chapter I like to play ? How do i get it to allow me to jump chapters like a normal DVD ? I have had a look in the settings but can not find anything ?
Also whats the normalize audio button for ?
I played the full disc through and when it changed from one chapter to the next it seemed to delay a bit it was not that smooth , also at the end of the disc it kept freezing and then it was ok as if it was a dirty disc, which it was not ? thanks

grahamricho

Hi what I want is so that clip is a seperate chapter, but what I can make out is that you have seperate each clip into chapters ?
I want each thumbnail to be a chapter , what I can click to in the menu or the while the clips are playing ?

senu

Distinguished Member
It is a bit hard to explain without seeing what youve done
With what did you edit ? I would also suggest outputting to mpeg2 and then ticking " dont reeencode DVD compliant mpeg2"

My only suggestion would be to use a menu template that allows you place the thumbnails separately and test it before burning to see how it will turn out. It is even possible to use the same video and place chapter points on it to get the same result , let alone different clips
A little bit of experimenting will get you there. If not Ill make a little tutorial and send it to you by the weekend:)
Normalise audio does what is says.
Normalising means it tries to get the audio to within a certain volume range so that you dont get some sounds very high and low if they have been recorded at separted times from different sources

senu

Distinguished Member
Hi what I want is so that clip is a seperate chapter, but what I can make out is that you have seperate each clip into chapters ?
I want each thumbnail to be a chapter , what I can click to in the menu or the while the clips are playing ?
Gotcha and that is how it should work . I do it almost by rote now so Im going to have to stop to slowly think what the right setting are.. but It is possible and easily so

PS: Ill edit your title, there may be some folk out there who will put you right even quicker:rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom