1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulead VideoStudio 8 - jerky DVD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by jchm, Mar 24, 2005.

1. jchm

jchm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I've recently bought VS8 and have had no probs with capturing, editing & burning...

BUT the resulting DVD-R is 90% fine but has some sections where sound and audio goes jerky for about a minute at a time when played back on my DVD player or my PC DVD drive...

I've tried burning at a slower speed ( down to 2X) with no improvement.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Did you stop ALL background processes including anti-virus software and disconnect from the internet while burning the DVD, if something else on your computer runs either automatically or deliberately while burning a DVD you can upset the burn process.

3. fcat

fcat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    try a different brand of media, thats should sort it

4. jchm

jchm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks guys

I'll give both suggestions a try.

Cheers

5. indexwheel

indexwheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When you go to "Share" "Create Disc". you will find 2 icons in the bottom left corner of the create disc window. Click the right one, and this will give you the option of changing he mpeg2 compression settings. If it is set to a video data rate of 8000kbps (and you are encoding normal avi files), then you need to click "change mpeg settings", then "customize". Set quality to 100%, then Video Data rate to "variable" 6000 kbps. This should solve the problem, and give you the best quality from normal handycam avi's.

Regards, Rob