1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ulead video studio8

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by chickenslippers, Jul 31, 2004.

1. chickenslippers

chickenslippers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    iv finally had enough of pinnacles and trying the ulead video studio8. iv got a copy of the free trial version to try it out and have 2 questions. when you capture on pinnacles it automatically captures clips and saves them in the video libary, making it very easy to pull down individual clips onto movie timeline. i can sort of do this in video studio but the only way i can do it is very long winded. i can either watch the tape and choose my in and out markers for batch processing or i capture the whole tape with split with time code, is there a way to split by frame content during capture or do i have to pull the thumbnail down to the movie timeline then split scene by frame content. i then have to choose that it puts all clips on movie timeline and then move them individually over to the video libary. have i got to get used to capturing in a different way ie(in and out markers for batch capture) or can i get the same result as pinnacles in an easier way than i can now?

2nd question is there any way of getting a clip to play backwards, in both pinnacles and ulead you can alter clip speed but not make it go in reverse?
    would i have to use different software?

my last dvd took 6 months to edit and nearly the same to get it to burn correctly onto dvd because of problems with pinnacles studio 8+upgrades,studio 9+upgrades. i have had enough and want to learn new software that is stable. this is surposed to be a hobbie but pinnacles made it a chore.

i hope someone can help.

cheers chickenslippers

2. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Don't use Pinnacle software, but in earlier versions of Premiere, the clip speed is set to -100% (minus 100%) to play backwards full speed (-50% backwards half speed, etc) maybe this will help?

3. chickenslippers

chickenslippers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks klr10, i got my clip to backwards ok.

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Re Ulead VideoStudio8
    if I understand what you are saying then you are correct in that you can either use batch capture by going through the video and setting mark in and mark out points, and then capturing - this should give you a number of clips which you can re-arrange at will - you do NOT have to take them into the library - I often do not use the library at all - just drag and drop the clips in the storyboard or timeline to the positions you want them.
    You can do similar with DV-AVI capture using the 'split by scene' function which detects timecode. If you want to split by frame content which you can do with both MPEG and AVI files then yes you do need to capture the whole video first and then put it in the timeline in order to split it but again you do not have to use the library - having split the video just drag and drop each clip along the storyboard or timeline to the place you want it to be.

I personally prefer to capture in UVS8 in one large file and then work my way along the timeline cutting and trimming as I go.

You cannot reverse a video in UVS8 but you can use a free external programme like virtualdub ( http://www.virtualdub.org/ ) to reverse it and them import the reversed video into UVS8

5. chickenslippers

chickenslippers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers thanks for the help