1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulead Video Studio 6 or Pinnacle studio V7

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by paulrow, Jul 24, 2002.

1. paulrow

paulrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to capture, perform relatively simple editing tasks (cut out unwanted footage & add music & possibly titles) and write back to DV and CD (and in future to DVD when DVD writer prices have come down to a more reasonable level)

Which of the above packages is best?

I would be particularly interested to hear from folks who have used both, but would also be interested in comments, good or bad about either one of them.

Thanks.

2. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Mujja

Mujja
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I've tried Premiere 6 and Videostudio 6.

Being a noob myself Videostudio 6 was easier to learn and get in to. Premiere 6 had a more advanced interface which just confused the hell out of me.

paulrow, if you download the 30 day videostudio trial and like it mail me and i'll show you how to extend you 30 days.

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

If let me choose, I will choose ulead Video studio 6. Very easy to learn and the output is good

6. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    To add to your confusion, I would use Studio 7.

7. SHAUNY

SHAUNY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am a complete novice ( all the equipment is the wifes!!! but i am using pinnicle studio version 7 and its very easy you can even add your own cd music to the movie special soundeffects and titles
    very easy

8. Dam0

Dam0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Media studio all the way. All my videos are edited with that.
    Never could get my head round Premiere.

9. minso

minso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think for features then it has to be Adobe Premiere 6. but your right it is difficult to use.

10. bruno_scalera

bruno_scalera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've not used ulead, but i have been using Pinnacle and for a novice such as myself i found itt is very easy to use and caters for all my needs. I spent ages researching simple to use video editing packages and Pinnacle came out tops :)

I would steer clear of something like premiere is not a good idea for a novice , and going by your needs pinnacle caters for it all.

You can buy add on professional looking transition video effects for pinnacle if needed, but the free ones that come with it are more than adequate.

I believe pinnacle have released version 8 of this software :)

hope that helps