Ulead video 11.5 plus

vickip

Standard Member
Hi

I have a panasonic HDC-SD5 which is great I have been using Pinnicle Studio 11 plus which at first I had a few problem on the old pc but it work great on the new one. I thought I would try Ulead 11.5 which supports AVCHD I found the package really easy to use but for some reason it does not render the footage in 1920x1080. When I play it back in the HD player which came with the camera. A message comes up which says the following: This media is not compatible. This software can only play back images or video from media recorded in AVCHD format. I used the same clips and rendered through pinnicle and it played back fine. Has anyone else had :lease:this problem or any suggestions.

Thanks

Vickip

imageworks

Standard Member
Hi,

I had this problem, so moved to Pinnacle studio instead, a friend also had this problem and apparently the problem was (although i havnt tried this) the panasonic files have an MTS file extention, which pinnacle recognizes fine, but ullead looks for an M2TS file extention. Apparently if you change the file extention to M2TS, ullead will then be able to import them.

Again, i have not tried this myself, so dont know if it works....if not, you can simply change the files extention back to MTS for use in Pinnacle.

sorry if this does not work.

you can possibly help me actually, what spec is your new PC? i bought a new pc for pinnacle and it really struggles, even with SD footage. Its an intel core 2 duo 2.2ghz, 2gb DDR2 Memory (4gig upgrade on the way) although i dont think its the memory as it only uses 900mb of the available memory. I do have vista on there tho, which i think i might change to XP to free up some resources. any ideas ?

thannks

vickip

Standard Member
Thanks for you reply I can change the file extension of the camera or Ulead so I am no further forward.

I have just brought a Medion computer from ALDI's £499 it's handles my AVCHD video through pinnicle with no problem it use to constantly crash or run very slow. This one is brilliant it has a Pentium Quad core processer 3 gb or Ram, 500gb hard drive plus you can plug in a Medion stand along hard drive in the top which gives me another 500gb and I'm running on Vista I fully recommend it take a look on the Medion site it also comes with a 3 year warranty.

If you find out how to change the file extension please let me know.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom