1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulead sync problem.

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by JH4, Sep 9, 2003.

1. JH4

JH4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Hope someone can help:
    I am using Ulead Movie factory with all the latest patches- to create a DVD. The disc plays OK, but for each chapter of the 50 minutes, the sound gets progressively in front of the video, as the track plays.
    The original Mpeg file on the PC plays fine, so I am supposing that there is a problem in the Disc Image file creation - am I right ?
    It's authored from DV tape- audio is 48KHz, 16bit, video is AVI open DML type 1 - 25F/S, 24 bits, 720x576 frame size.
    I have followed all the advice - eg. switching off screen savers, enabling DMA, disabling scheduled tasks, adjusting for best performance etc, etc.
    My PC is 3Ghz with 120 HD that is defragged.
    Could any one help please as I am now stuck ?
    Many thanks.

2. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Audio sync used to be a big problem with DVD authoring and unfortunately there are several potential causes. Does the DVD lose sync when playing in both the PC and a stand-alone DVD player?

The type 1 DV means that it uses the original audio file created by the camera. Type 2 DV files have another, duplicated AVI sound track within the same file. Editing a type 2 is said to be easier. I assume that you used DMF to capture the video.

DMF defaults the DVD audio to LPCM, try setting the audio to MPEG. Go to Project Settings > Change MPEG Settings > Customise > Compression > Audio Format > MPEG audio.

Failing that try a separate encoder such as TMPGEnc and use the resulting MPEG file in DMF

3. JH4

JH4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Hi JefUk
    Thanks for the reply - I have now solved it. I quickly realised that although I bought the s/w just a few days ago from a very well known high street PC supplier, it was old stock - the very first version. After paying and downloading version 2 plus all the numerous patches and re-burning the original file, it works perfectly with a better picture as well.
    A lesson learn't, I think. Thanks for your help anyway.
    Regards.

4. JefUK

JefUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Its good that DMF2 solved it. DMF2 has now been out several months (at the start of this year), take it back and complain - you have nothing to lose.

DMF1 did have a sync problem with files from some encoders, but DMF2 is much better in all respects.

Happy authoring!