1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulead Studio 8 resolution

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Dennis Leighton, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi All,
    Help please! I have just purchased and installed Ulead Video Studio 8. The resolution on my monitor was set at 800x600 and I received the following message "Cannot initialize application. The screen resolution is too small to play the video". I altered the setting to 1024x768 and applied it but everything then freezes. Is there anyway I can overcome this or is it a visit to my local computer shop? :lease:

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah yes - unfortunately Ulead VideoStudio 8 does need 1024 x 768 to display - three things I would check first Dennis,

1. Is your graphics card capable of displaying that resolution ?? - check it's specification

2 Is your monitor capable of displaying that resolution - check it's specification.

3. Is the correct monitor selected in the 'Display Properties' box where you change the resolution.

If it's not one of those and nobody else on these forums can help you then it could well mean a trip or call to your computer shop, - sorry

3. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Thanks so much Beejaycee for that very prompt and informative reply. Sadly I am showing my ignorance again for the three points you raise I don't know where to look! The monitor would appear to be NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64 (Display Adapter) LGE 71B (Monitor) (15.52vis). I took a print out from BeLarc Advisor as to what is on the P.C and whilst there must be a Graphics Card I cannot distinguish it. I do have a very friendly Computer Shop so I will call tomorrow. I am determined now that I have started to eventally get my camcorder tapes on to disc - no matter the cost!!

4. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    dennis,

you could just buy a dvd recorder and jack the camera into it. record directly to the disk. you wont have fancy credits etc but it will be on disc. i've got all my DV's on disc that way.

i've just started on the video production road, but i think my laptop wont be very good at doing it, as its only a 1.5 P4 with 512mb!!! so i may have to put my Oliver Stone dreams on hold for a while :laugh:

Gary

5. Dennis Leighton

Dennis Leighton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Garyd, Many thanks for your reply. I may well go down that road -what DVD recorder do you use? If you note my early posting from Beejaycee I was having problems with the resolution but my local computer shop installed a new graphics card and only charged £5 for their trouble. Unfortunately the P.C still freezes so I am having to make another visit to the shop for there is obviously some conflict. I have that many security programmes running that that is where the problem is likely to be.