1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ulead movie factory3 users

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by ketank, Jan 13, 2005.

1. ketank

ketank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

I have just come back from safari, just got new PC and Ulead factory 3, :thumbsup:

I now want to make a dvd for my self and would like to know how many hours can i get on it (single layer)? and any tips?

And a svcd, for small clips (cos i have tons of cdr).....again how many min can i get?

And any other tips for both DVD/SVCD buring on moviefactory3 would be appriated/ :thumbsup:

Thanx ;)

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    MF3 will create the MPEG-2 compression to fit the required length of video onto the DVD disk. Basically 1 hour of video will be about the best possible quality, 2 hours should be more than acceptable. Any more than 2 hours and it is down to how acceptable you personally find the quality.
    Trying to remember the long lost days of SVCD,. IIRC you can get 15 minutes of footage on a CD-R.

IMHO MF3 is a very good DVD authoring package that can do everything without too much intervention by the user. Therefore I would just go with what the software wants to do and you will get good quality DVD/SVCDs out the other end.

Mark.