Ulead DVD MovieFactory 4 help required

scrapbook

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Over the last week or so I have been working on a project on my laptop..setting chapters, trimming etc etc

In order to burn to DVD I need to transfer that file and the MPEGs to my main computer. So I copied it all to a USB hard drive.

However when I open the project up on the main computer rather than getting my completed project in Moviefacory I get nothing other than a frame that shows colour test bars.

Why is that happening? What is missing in the transfer process?

If I reconnect the USB drive to the laptop and open it again from there all is ok.

What is going on?? :confused:

Sounds to me like an issue with the file locations. When you were creating your project on the laptop, you told MF where all the video files etc were (e.g. C:\my videos\xxx). If you copy that project file to your desktop, and now those files are on a different drive or path, it won't find them. You'll need to tell MF where they are.

Probably easier would be to simply, from your laptop, "burn" a DVD as a .iso file on to the USB drive. Then connect the USB drive to the desktop, and burn it.

redsox_mark said:
If you copy that project file to your desktop, and now those files are on a different drive or path, it won't find them. You'll need to tell MF where they are.

Any idea how I do that?

Sorry, it's been a long time since I used MF so I can't tell you exactly. I still think it would be easier for you to either create a disc image (choose to burn to a .iso file), or simply prepare the DVD on the laptop and copy the prepared folders and burn from that.

Have a read Here
I have MF4 ,5 and MovieWorkshop on various PCs and have to say that they dont do project backups well as they seem to keep settings, links all over the PC.
Have a read of the linked post and see what you think

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom