1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ulead DVD Movie 3.5 problem

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by RecordablDVDfan, Jan 3, 2005.

1. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I'm trying to burn a DVD but after 30 mins of waiting for the contents to be transferred etc nothing is happening. Do not convert MPEG complient files is checked in options. The 5 files which were extracted with Tmpenc DVD Author 1.6 are DVD complient so I don't understand what the problem is. Any ideas anyone ?

2. laser

laser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I'm unfamiliar with Ulead DVD Movie 3.5 but what format are the files you are triying to burn to DVD i.e. are the .mpg, .vob or .avi files?

Is the processor doing anything while you are waiting? It could be converting the files into .vob and .bup files for burning to DVD which make take some time. It could also be re-encoding files depending upon how the files have been extracted from TMPGEnc.

You could also try downloading a trial version of Pinnacle Studio 9 and use that if DVD Author does not have the facilities you require.

3. RecordablDVDfan

RecordablDVDfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    They are DVD complient mpg files. I've tried using the same prog with the same project etc on my laptop but after over an hour nothing happens, no HDD activity...

Shame as the ulead s/ w is usually so good and easy to use. I have a copy of Sonic MyDVD 6, will try that but many progs seem to re-convert the file which I don't want. With ulead you can set the exact video bit rate and MPEG video size etc as the original DVD file. They are DVD recs from VHS tape using my Panasonic E50 DVD recorder btw