UKTV play gone from Fire Stick!

JBRobinson

Suddenly today, with no prior warning, I find that UKTV is no longer available on our Fire Stick. I have no idea whether it is still on live TV as we don't do that now.

Their channels and programmes are all still there, but each and every one now states "0 minutes" when you select it.

I thought at first that it was something wrong at my end, so removed UKTV from the Fire Stick account and downloaded it again. Same situation, however.

A bit of searching revealed that UKTV disappeared from Virgin Media's internet TV service due to the fact that UKTV was asking for too much money from Virgin. Understandable, I suppose, as UKTV is owned by the BBC who are losing TV licence money hand over fist!

So I wonder whether this is the same problem: money, money, money!

JBRobinson

I have now written to UKTV to ask them for an explanation.
Best to get it straight from the horse's mouth!

JBRobinson

I have now written to UKTV to ask them for an explanation.
Best to get it straight from the horse's mouth!
Just received this reply from UKTV:
"Dear Viewer,
Thank you for your email.
Our technical team are working on a fix for this issue. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
TBH, I kept reading all the good reviews for the Roku streaming stick+, must say I do prefer over my 4k Amazon stick. Just seems to do everything and right.

JBRobinson

I emailed UKTV earlier today and told them what the problem was.
They apologised and said they're working on a fix for it.
They haven't got back to me since, but I thought I'd have a look anyway and the good news is that The Bill episodes are fully populated again.
I haven't looked at other things yet, but perhaps they're OK now too.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom