UKIP Momentum Europe and local Elections.

raduv1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
So it seems by the recent polls that 26% find UKIP a racist party while 29% would vote for them . Does this make the UK look like a xenophobic island going backwards in the eyes of Europe . Or as I believe the answer will be fudge Europe we don't cow down to them. I believe there is a not so clever party out there preying on the fears of the misinformed and the main parties have played right into UKIPs hands. There was another party that started in 1920 for the people and seen as a joke to others ( Oh very Daily Mail :rotfl: ) . So you can guess my views of this harmless " they don't mean it " oh they didn't mean that " party where people who follow them make excuses for the embarrassing gafs of members and counsellors.

I take it then that you totally disapprove of UKIP and think the party is a load of crap and anyone who votes for them are misinformed?

After being a life-long Tory, I am going to vote UKIP.

The reason is that I want a Euro Referendum. I would be happy with whatever result came out of a referendum because it would be what the people want not that of some self-interested politicians.

I have problems with UKIP, they appear to be a one-trick pony (Europe) and besides Nigel Farage their doesn't seem to be anyone else in the party. But they are the only party I trust to deliver a referendum.

Both Labour and the Lib Dems have reneged on pre-election promises in recent years. The Tories are promising a referendum, but if they feel so strongly about it they could have one this term. No, I fear that is just another political 'jam tomorrow' to entice people to vote for them and should they win they will find a way to wriggle out of the promise.

My prediction is that UKIP will split the Tory vote and Ed Balls will walk in even though he is the worst candidate for Prime Minister.

Cheers,

Nigel

Still a single issue party.

I think all parties are racist not just UKIP. I judge them by their deeds and not their words and the lack of ethnic minority MPs indicates they're racist and sexist for that matter. UKIP appear to have more women in key positions than other parties so I'll give them that.

A fair observation.

I stopped voting after the last general election. All politicians are self serving, lying, thieving, utter contemptible pieces of the very worst humanity has to offer. They and their rabid supporters give not a jot with doing the best they can for the electorate. They are vastly more concerned with slagging off everyone who doesnt agree with them, scoring points off their opponents, and labelling everyone else with whatever politically correct phrase is fashionable from a self appointed high horse of moral superiority.

It doesnt matter who you vote for, they all lie, steal and bury their noses in the trough. Whoever is in power we are all going to get shafted one way or another, because once they get there they start doing what they do best, feathering their own nest. By not voting I am at least not responsible for it. Voting for one of them is like asking which bucket of poo do I want to be dunked in for the next few years, it doesnt matter which one you choose .. they all stink.

I agree apart from the not voting part. I utterly hate the useless corrupt tribal party political system ... since 2010 have gone for outsiders/independents in local/assembly/mayoral elections.

I have to say that in Bristol we seem to have a very good mayor.
Oddly enough I'm not sure which party he belongs to, if any.

This is an interesting watch if you didn't see it broadcast:

Nigel Farage: Who Are You? - Channel 4

I fail to see how anyone can take seriously a party, one of who's candidates states publicly that he believes the bad weather and flooding we suffered earlier this year was God's retribution for the legalisation of same-sex marriage :facepalm:

They do seem to be a party that attracts more than their share of people with somewhat extremist views, and the constant scaremongering about immigration is incredibly depressing.

I believe there are some serious questions that remain unanswered about missing sums of money from the party funds

What happened to the £287,000 donated to Farage’s local branch? | The Times

I also have concerns about the sheer amount of media exposure UKIP in general, and Farage in particular, receives. I never really understood the justification for the recent Farage/Clegg "debates" - they just gave him (Farage) another public forum.

I have to say that in Bristol we seem to have a very good mayor
Presumably one who doesn't do sweet FA whilst taking the credit for everything, nor does other jobs, nor goes jet-setting on self-promotion tours, nor is hoping to 'work from home' despite calling it a 'skiver's paradise' a couple of years earlier.

I stopped voting after the last general election. All politicians are self serving, lying, thieving, utter contemptible pieces of the very worst humanity has to offer.
While I agree with you, don't waste your vote.
If any thing, you should not tick any boxes and write at the bottom "none of the above"
Not voting only means it will just go in favour of who is in office at the time.

Presumably one who doesn't do sweet FA whilst taking the credit for everything, nor does other jobs, nor goes jet-setting on self-promotion tours, nor is hoping to 'work from home' despite calling it a 'skiver's paradise' a couple of years earlier.
The opposite.
He does, however, tend to appear in public wearing red trousers but we're broad minded here. :D

I fail to see how anyone can take seriously a party, one of who's candidates....
You can't take seriously a party ONE of whose candidates?!
For every one loose-cannon candidate you find in UKIP I'll find you 10 in every other party.

Ok I just don't like the easy street scare tactics from UKIP that appeal to the bigoted "we are an empire" and we are british old school brigsde. scare thr buggers into voting for us will never get my vote.
Where I work we have polish, Albanian, Lithuanian amognst others and no one is on a lesser wage or stealing British jobs. Pointing fingers is easy and "its there fault " is an easy option and is a vile way of gaining votes.

I stopped voting after the last general election. All politicians are self serving, lying, thieving, utter contemptible pieces of the very worst humanity has to offer. They and their rabid supporters give not a jot with doing the best they can for the electorate. They are vastly more concerned with slagging off everyone who doesnt agree with them, scoring points off their opponents, and labelling everyone else with whatever politically correct phrase is fashionable from a self appointed high horse of moral superiority.

It doesnt matter who you vote for, they all lie, steal and bury their noses in the trough. Whoever is in power we are all going to get shafted one way or another, because once they get there they start doing what they do best, feathering their own nest. By not voting I am at least not responsible for it. Voting for one of them is like asking which bucket of poo do I want to be dunked in for the next few years, it doesnt matter which one you choose .. they all stink.
I think a lot of people are politically uneducated, ignorant of what politicians do and believe everything they read in the papers. With the kind of rant you just railed off it's no surprise politicians manage what they say to the nth degree. Have you ever worked with/for politicians? I have at a local level and most of them got into politics to try to make a difference for the better. Many work hard for their constituency and are not self serving. To tar every politician with the same brush is lazy and pandering to the lowest denominator.

Every man and his dog are talking about Immigration and Europe and the mainstream parties and the BBc keep ignoring the subjects. Maybe that's why UKIP are doing so well. Never mind all the loonies - every party has them.

They are a crazy party and one I think said they would not have supported gay marriage.

They are a crazy party and one I think said they would not have supported gay marriage.
All the parties have their fair share of loons, it's just the bigger parties are more organised and keep their members on message. Also the tory press are going to town on UKIP and will jump on anything their members will say.

I think a lot of people are politically uneducated, ignorant of what politicians do and believe everything they read in the papers. With the kind of rant you just railed off it's no surprise politicians manage what they say to the nth degree. Have you ever worked with/for politicians? I have at a local level and most of them got into politics to try to make a difference for the better. Many work hard for their constituency and are not self serving. To tar every politician with the same brush is lazy and pandering to the lowest denominator.

Yes I worked for politicians. I served my country for fifteen years. Fighting in places where the very people we were fighting for hated us. Sent there under equipped at their behest. In places were we had to watch the very people we were there to protect being led away to their deaths because politicians were frightened of letting us do our job because of political ramifications. These are the people who give away millions abroad while our injured troops rely on charities for help. Still Tony made his millions didnt he ??, These are the people who gave themselves an 11% pay rise while cutting my preserved military pension, a pension worth a lot less then their gold plated public sector pension. And I guarantee you mine was harder earned. These are the people who stole from the public and then cried about persecution when they were caught. Even at a local level they are corrupt and self serving, just how much of our council tax goes into maintaining council pensions and ensuring their nests will be feathered ??, look at some of the salaries council officials are on. When I left the military I was taken off the housing list because apparently I was "making myself intentionally homeless". I had no choice, I had served my engagement. Later I found out this individual had done this to other ex servicemen and women. It suited his political agenda.

I havent seen one selfless individual in politics. Maybe there are, I dont know. But in my experience there isnt one I would brake for if they crossed the street in front of me. By nature they are only interested in us when it comes to keeping their seat on the gravy train. Then they go back to doing what their politicial bosses tell them to do. Its plainly obvious the public are unhappy with aspects of the EU but do we get a referendum ??, no, just promises to keep us on the hook. The reason we dont get one is because they know damn well they wont like the answer, and deep down they really dont like it when we dare to disagree with them. I remember the quote from Billy Connolly about the type of person who wants to be in politics .. "The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever being one".

Yes I worked for politicians. I served my country for fifteen years. Fighting in places where the very people we were fighting for hated us. Sent there under equipped at their behest. In places were we had to watch the very people we were there to protect being led away to their deaths because politicians were frightened of letting us do our job because of political ramifications. These are the people who give away millions abroad while our injured troops rely on charities for help. Still Tony made his millions didnt he ??, These are the people who gave themselves an 11% pay rise while cutting my preserved military pension, a pension worth a lot less then their gold plated public sector pension. And I guarantee you mine was harder earned. These are the people who stole from the public and then cried about persecution when they were caught. Even at a local level they are corrupt and self serving, just how much of our council tax goes into maintaining council pensions and ensuring their nests will be feathered ??, look at some of the salaries council officials are on. When I left the military I was taken off the housing list because apparently I was "making myself intentionally homeless". I had no choice, I had served my engagement. Later I found out this individual had done this to other ex servicemen and women. It suited his political agenda.

I havent seen one selfless individual in politics. Maybe there are, I dont know. But in my experience there isnt one I would brake for if they crossed the street in front of me. By nature they are only interested in us when it comes to keeping their seat on the gravy train. Then they go back to doing what their politicial bosses tell them to do. Its plainly obvious the public are unhappy with aspects of the EU but do we get a referendum ??, no, just promises to keep us on the hook. The reason we dont get one is because they know damn well they wont like the answer, and deep down they really dont like it when we dare to disagree with them. I remember the quote from Billy Connolly about the type of person who wants to be in politics .. "The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever being one".
I think you're right, the best course of action for you is not to vote.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom