uk x-box or imported?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by codling, Apr 27, 2002.

1. codling

codling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    hi all,

today i was so close to buying an uk x box,i had it in my hands,
    but i backed out.

could you please advise me on witch would be the better one to go for ,uk/import.

i will be viewing on an ae-100 pj,so i would like to get the best possible picture and i gather from this forum only imported/ntsc ones do progressive scan,and ive noticed that you can get a vga out adapter for them.

if i got for an import,where is the best place to buy/order from and also what is the availability of the games.also price compared to uk

so what do you guys recomend:confused:

regards carl

2. fuzzybee

fuzzybee
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Having read all these comments on these pages If indeed you can get Prog Scan on your display importing is the only way to go.
    I bought a pal machine thinking I would get a HDTV image on my Toshiba tv but allas I do not so RGB is the best I can get.
    www. ebay.co.uk will be the cheapest place for you to get a import machine.

Good luck and Happy Gaming;)

3. EffTee

EffTee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I would second fuzzybee's comments. If you've got a progressive scan capable projector, you've really got to go for the US option. Since the price drop there has been a good number of reasonably priced US consoles on Ebay. That's where I got mine and the whole process went very smoothly. I would recommend dealing with somebody with good recent feedback if you're going to spend that much money, though.

I've now bought 6 US games over ebay, all of which have cost me between £22 and £30, new and delivered. That alone has saved me quite a bit of money.

EffTee

4. codling

codling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    cheers lads.

is there any other places that supply imported games/consoles other than e-bay?(never fancied using ebay)

cheers carl

5. brattle

brattle
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    www.goblindirect.co.uk are based in the UK. More expensive but less risky and any import duty has been paid for.

www.ncsx.com and www.tronixweb.com are US based and will label the goods to avoid import duty if you ask them nicely ;).

www.liksang.com and www.lankwei.com are based in Hong Kong. Cheap, but you will get hit for import duty.

I wouldn't worry about buying from E-bay as long as the suppiler has good recommendations. I bought my US X-Box from lionplusone and the service was superb. There a re a regulars on there who come thoroughly recommended.