Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

UK Wipeout and v1.50

Discussion in 'PS Vita Forum' started by Bogside, Sep 3, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Bogside

Bogside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +418
    I have bought the UK released version of Wipeout but the game keeps jamming (I have yet to finish more than two laps before it freezes and the PSP shuts down).

Do you think that this is because I have v1.50 US PSP or is the game itself faulty?

It's driving me barmy.

2. dimples

dimples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Surely they would have to specify what firmware version is required to run the game on the box or at least in the manual? My gut feeling is that (unfortunately) to prevent homebrew etc. games are programmed to work with the latest firmwares, I mean does the DS get a new firmeware every month?

3. FaxFan2002

FaxFan2002

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    I believe the wipeout umd has firmware v1.52 on it, I guess that's what you need to run it.

4. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    If you need 1.52 it should come with the game and I have Virtua Tennis which wont work at all unless I install 1.52 that comes with the game but it tells me this as soon as I insert the UMD.
    Can I still go on homebrew with 1.52? I have a jap machine. What are the disadvantages about 2.0 apart from emulator not working?

5. Caimbeul

Caimbeul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I have heard that V2.0 disables multi-region on games for UK machines and allows US and JAP machines to play UK games...unverified.

6. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +701
    Caimbeul, What a crock of sh**. Did you just make that up, I've got a US PSP with v2.0 firmware and it works with 4 of the PAL UK games I've tried without a problem.

Don't post rubbish like that without having anything to back it up.

7. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    Agreed. Have a JPN 2.0 PSP and I've a UK version of Everybody's Golf. No problems with it either.

8. Bogside

Bogside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +418
    I think from what people are telling me that I need to upgrade to v2.0 to solve my problem. I'll be a bit gutted to lose the homebrew facility but at the end of the day I bought the unit for psp games and that's what I want to play.

9. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    I really wouldn't upgrade, if it needed a f/w update then it wouldn't let you even load the game up, so as you're playing it a f/w update will do you nothing except lose homebrew. Wipeout is notorious for lock ups and freezes, in fact I was playing it 20 mins ago and it locked up after returning from sleep mode which is a known fault. You may want to try a US version of the game first to see if it's the same.

Just remember if you upgrade you will lose the lovely homebrew stuff and there is no possible way to downgrade from 2.0 yet.

F/w updates are for security mainly and has nothing really to do with better compatibility with games.

10. Bogside

Bogside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +418
    I literally haven't been able to go beyond a couple of laps. If you think a firmware update won't work then I'm left with a very small coaster. Do you reckon if I took it back and asked for a replacement that might get me a working game?

11. emporer

emporer
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    I would possibly try and swap it if other games etc appear to work fine. Or try it in another machine.

12. jinky32

jinky32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    use the new WAB version changer to test the game on different psp firmwares. You can fool the psp into thinkin that it's running on whatever firware you want without actually upgrading from 1.50.

check out pspupdates

13. Korum

Korum

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +701
    Bogside, looks like you have a faulty UMD like emporer said it wouldn't let you even start the game if it didn't like the firware version.

I personally upgraded from v1.50 to v2.0 because I thought the new updates in the firmware would be more useful than the homebrew stuff that I'd tried.The snes emu looks lovely until you run a game and realise it's useless because it's so slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow.Then almost all the utilites programs only work on v1.0