1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK VHS recorders for NTSC playback in NTSC

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by boathouse, Oct 18, 2002.

1. boathouse

boathouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Please can someone advise me which VHS recorders available in the UK will playback NTSC recordings and output pure NTSC, rather than converting the video to PAL60?

Thanks

2. Colger

Colger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Samsung SV5000W. This VCR does conversions in either direction ie pal-NTSC, NTSC-pal and many others as well as input NTSC - output NTSC. It also records in whatever format you need and because the conversion is done digitally the still frame is nearly as good as a DVD.
    If you want any further information then send a private mail.

3. boathouse

boathouse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your reply, I've looked at this vcr and I think it's probably the ultimate solution, although rather expensive at £400+

I could just buy a native NTSC player from the US, since I don't need to perform any conversions just have NTSC output.

Does anyone know where I can purchase such a player in the UK, or a company in the US who will export?