iTunes Movies and general Apple TV chat

If the Director’s Cut is classed as an extra, I imagine it’ll only play on an actual Apple device and not an app.

It’s not an extra. It’s the only version included. There’s 2 version on the store so just make sure you buy the right one

Attachments

• 514C8BE4-04BD-4E41-B98C-4E8CCAF4D236.png
    514C8BE4-04BD-4E41-B98C-4E8CCAF4D236.png
    538.7 KB · Views: 34
Yea its showing on my screen as the directors cut version that i own, but when i play its the theatrical , just checked the shed scene..
Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 21.04.47.png

In the directors cut there extra violence in the shed scene. One scene is a disc to the neck

That is strange, Mine is deffo the theatrical only and i only own this version i bought today.... I am using the inbuilt app on my LG maybe that is causing it , also checked it out on my ipad and theatrical playing only

Yea its showing on my screen as the directors cut version that i own, but when i play its the theatrical , just checked the shed scene.. View attachment 1343673
Hate to break it to you but that’s only the theatrical version, it wrongly has the directors cut picture as the title graphic.
The Director’s Cut will show the title as Commando Director’s Cut whereas yours is titled Commando (1985)

I've no idea then as all i get when i search the store is this ...
Screenshot 2020-08-01 at 21.40.11.png

I've no idea then as all i get when i search the store is this ... View attachment 1343686
When you first selected Commando if you’d of scrolled down you would of seen this which shows 2 versions available, upon selecting it you could choose between the two.
BFA8662F-0CDB-4B8C-8C09-FDAF0E02F547.png

6523D5A5-35A2-4B0C-A0D4-8E0E2ABEE034.jpeg

As you’ve already purchased the Theatrical you’ll see this which if you select the buy option it will give you the option to buy the Director’s Cut.
1CDB0650-A8F8-421A-B8AD-C559ECF2D7CE.png

Oh damn, Oh well guess i'll have to live without the extra gore

Hate to break it to you but that’s only the theatrical version, it wrongly has the directors cut picture as the title graphic.
The Director’s Cut will show the title as Commando Director’s Cut whereas yours is titled Commando (1985)
Well spotted 👍🏻

I have given that a try , I’ll see what happens 👍🏻

Quick question and apologies if slightly off topic, but how are you buying on Vudu? Doesn't seem to be a gift card option now that Walmart & Vudu are separate?

Quick question and apologies if slightly off topic, but how are you buying on Vudu? Doesn't seem to be a gift card option now that Walmart & Vudu are separate?
PayPal is easy to set up on vudu.

Yep. I’ve bought a few things from them with my UK PayPal.

I’ve just started rewatching Oz. That’s put me right off buying anything of Vudu now, don’t want to end up in there :D

I’ve just started rewatching Oz. That’s put me right off buying anything of Vudu now, don’t want to end up in there :D
Great but little known series, brutal at times, many actors have had great careers from that.

And still on sale on US iTunes for $30 complete, for anyone that hasn’t seen it.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom