iTunes Movies and general Apple TV chat

LOST has popped up for £6.99 per season..

Was hoping it'd either be £4.99 per season or £30 for a box set. Maybe it'll change or they'll add one??

LOST has popped up for £6.99 per season..

Was hoping it'd either be £4.99 per season or £30 for a box set. Maybe it'll change or they'll add one??
Still not watched them since I bought them years ago 😂
Think I’ll pass on iTunes .
B6CB6BC1-97AB-4C64-AD1E-804919244DA0.jpeg

Used to import them on DVD from the US, way before they appeared on C4.

No desire to ever watch it again though :D

I have to say Lost was one of my fav tv shows, naturally have the blu boxset but have watched them at least!
On a separate note I was quite excited that I picked up a 4k code for Top gun and days of thunder today and was about to kick off with top gun and noticed it’s not playing in 4k yet so shelved that idea and will just go back to scrolling through tiles!

I’m definitely wanting to be watching Lost again, it’s just finding the time in amongst all the other stuff we’ve got to watch.
Currently watching the original Battlestar Galactica, at some point I want to start X-Files as never got chance to watch the earlier seasons first time around.
And then there’s Heroes, Mork & Mindy, The Wire and a load of other stuff.
I suppose the good thing about the current situation is I can’t afford to buy anymore for a while.

I’m surprised this never had a price drop today, 30th Anniversary tomorrow
CFC412E8-480D-4F82-A159-F54571713F9D.jpeg

I’m all ready to be spinning the disc in the morning 🐢🐢🐢🐢🐀
2B8A5BE6-31FC-4B4C-8DB1-7A0B1915FD3E.jpeg

Im might even watch the cast reunion too at 11am 😁 Edit: Actually it’s not until 1am of the 24th 😳
Only Americans could put a time down as GMT 11am+11 and think that makes sense!

Last edited:
I’m definitely wanting to be watching Lost again, it’s just finding the time in amongst all the other stuff we’ve got to watch.
Currently watching the original Battlestar Galactica, at some point I want to start X-Files as never got chance to watch the earlier seasons first time around.
And then there’s Heroes, Mork & Mindy, The Wire and a load of other stuff.
I suppose the good thing about the current situation is I can’t afford to buy anymore for a while.

I'm currently going through The X Files from when it was on sale.. Had to get Millennium & The Lone Gunman spin off's on disc. Watched Millennium before season 7 episode 4, as that episode acts as a conclusion to Millennium. The Lone Gunman happens during Season 9 I believe.. and of course I have the movies :)

Watched through Fringe not long ago, tried The Wire, just couldn't get into it for some reason.. Will need to try again sometime.

..then I need to wait for Black Lightning to drop and try find some time for the Arrowverse!

, tried The Wire, just couldn't get into it for some reason.. Will need to try again sometime.
Yeah I tried to watch the first episode but the missus just wasn’t getting into it so haven’t watched it again since.
Will also have to give it another go.

Lots of the dialogue is hard to follow/understand.
It was deliberately written that way, with much of the Baltimore ghetto slang sounding almost like a foreign language to start off with, then it gradually lets you know what the various words and vernacular mean as as the episodes progress. So turning on subtitles is kind of a cheat :)

That sounds like hard work and like it's a serious piece of drama. You should know the series is full of humour as well as sadness and characters you will love. It really is as good as they all say.

Terminator Dark Fate for £7.99 seems a good deal for me, especially with the iTunes exclusive commentary.

New to iTunes, and I'm amazed at some of the prices. Pre-order Underwater for £9.99 (I enjoyed it) with DV, Atmos and a full extras package.

I have over 600 films through Google Play and see now it's a bit of a joke getting films for the same price in HD, no extras with Dolby Surround.

Underwater in Dolby atmos?

I tired watching the first few minutes of the Wire about 4 times but kept stopping as I just couldn't get into it. Then I tried again, really paying attention and i got it. Watched it all the way through twice now and probably my favourite tv show ever, with some amazing characters. Stick with it, you won't regret it.

I tired watching the first few minutes of the Wire about 4 times but kept stopping as I just couldn't get into it. Then I tried again, really paying attention and i got it. Watched it all the way through twice now and probably my favourite tv show ever, with some amazing characters. Stick with it, you won't regret it.
So what you’re saying is playing sudoku, mobile scrabble or colouring in colouring books while watching doesn’t help?
I shall let SWMBO know 😂

Does anyone have any ideas why “Enemy at the Gates” is only SD? It’s on sale today but there’s no way I’d buy an SD film at any price. Just seems strange that iTunes is selling stuff in SD. Shame as it’s a great film.
Enemy at the Gates (HD) is now on sale at $4.99 on the US store. It's still SD everywhere in UK I believe.

I have took a punt on Full Metal Jacket at $4.99 as there is a 4k disc realise out on 22 September.

Oh fudging hell so though I’d tune into the Turtle reunion thing only to find it’s not actually on for another 13 hours 😱
Only Americans could put a time down as 11:00AM GMT+11 and think that makes any sense 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣
3EA02156-5DC7-4F8D-94C8-BB3222CA4F51.jpeg

You're right, I misread it. Apologies. Audio listed as 7.1.
You are a tease!! im not really into using the upmixing facility's but this did sound really impressive.

Terminator Dark Fate for £7.99 seems a good deal for me, especially with the iTunes exclusive commentary.

New to iTunes, and I'm amazed at some of the prices. Pre-order Underwater for £9.99 (I enjoyed it) with DV, Atmos and a full extras package.

I have over 600 films through Google Play and see now it's a bit of a joke getting films for the same price in HD, no extras with Dolby Surround.
If you haven’t already you should setup a US iTunes account, will open up a world of cheap codes.
For example you can pick up an iTunes Terminator Dark Fate code for $3-$4 if you look around, can work out to be quite a saving over time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom