iTunes Movies and general Apple TV chat

You and me both! I can't imagine how many DVD series I've bought that are now basically coasters. Some of them I even watched...

Looks like the other sets of Alias have dropped to a tenner, was hoping they'd drop to a fiver each too. iTunes could just bundle a set of 1-5 for £20, that'd be nice.

Can’t get my head round the Canadian GP thing, currently I have my MA flowing to U.K. GP obviously it doesn’t go the other way, do I need to make a new Canadian GP account and connect to MA? This would then mean the U.K. one would be defunct? Also are 4k codes in play here as well?

Can’t get my head round the Canadian GP thing, currently I have my MA flowing to U.K. GP obviously it doesn’t go the other way, do I need to make a new Canadian GP account and connect to MA? This would then mean the U.K. one would be defunct? Also are 4k codes in play here as well?
You pretty much just follow the instructions already given in the thread.
No need to have a new Canadian GP account.
And no as far as we’re aware GP codes don’t give 4K rights through MA.

There's a load of older and newer horror on the US iTunes at the moment, some at good prices and on my to get list.

Got quite a collection including movies & tv shows at the moment:
uk - 456
us - 562
Have a few on vudu as well that are vudu only.

I have been trying to go with uk only, but there are just some films and shows that the uk doesn't have, and the 'box set' movies are better deals on the us one.. along with the occasional 'I want it yesterday' kind of movies.
For example; I was lucky enough to get the Friday 13th Collection on Friday the 13th for $13.. 8 films, no Jason Goes to Hell or Jason X (So they are on the wish list), but a great deal. Currently $20

They also have a Stephen King 8 movie collection for $20
Two of which I'd bought back in September uk, so I refunded those and got the 8 movie set with them both in :)

The us Nightmare on Elm Street set I'm waiting on a price drop (hopefully to $30 or less), as theirs has the set of films, plus Freddy VS Jason and the remake:

Mostly I'm quite patient though, so I wait for a lot to come up for sale on uk and it's catching up with us.

Shame neither of the stores has Army of Darkness.. the complete 103min uncut version, so looks like a disc I'll need to buy.. If I can find it.
For those wondering, this is the uncut version I used to have, but the disc more or less 'rotted' for some reason:Army Of Darkness : Evil Dead 3 IMPORT REGION 3 - only fully uncut version released !: Amazon.co.uk: Bruce Campbell, Embeth Davidtz, Marcus Gilbert, Ian Abercrombie, Bridget Fonda, Sam Raimi, uncut, three, 3rd, sequel, III, trilogy, last, final, third: DVD & Blu-ray

If the same horror titles and more besides comes up on uk this week, it'll be great. It's October so I guess there's going to be a wave at some point soon :)

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Bit of a damp squib this morning on the UK deal front personally, however the boxset of Spaced is back down to £4.99, and pretty much essential viewing for most on these forums I would suggest! 👍🏼

Hallelujah thankfully a pretty terrible lineup on the deals this morning :clap:
if your saying terrible ! Best I take a look then :rotfl:

i take it back pUre dross ,,,both sides of the pond :smashin:

And on the minus side, there’s no excuse not to waste a load of money on cheap US codes for films that I’ll never watch as it’s so easy to switch now :rotfl:

Stephen King's miniseries: 11.22.63 @ $4.99 CheapCharts
Watched through it over the weekend as I bought it when it cheap last time. Pretty enjoyable and definitely worth a few quid :)

Well that cheap NZ movie from a few pages back was no Hunt for the WP. Turned it off after 20 minutes

Well that cheap NZ movie from a few pages back was no Hunt for the WP. Turned it off after 20 minutes
Which was that one matey?

Now I feel bad.........:(

Just to repeat some current deals on Itunes credit:

- If you buy Itunes gift-card from Topcashback->More Shopping->topgiftcards the cashback is now 3%

- Today you can opt in for extra £2.50 cashback on £5 spend

- When you buy movies via Topcashback gives 7% (on the amount less VAT)
(The link takes you to another webpage, choose to "open in Itunes" and your PC should open Itunes to make the purchase)

- This month you might see the offer to add 10% bonus when adding funds to your Apple ID from Itunes account page

d 10% bonus when adding funds to your Apple
Thank you very much matey :)

I'm sure I can find something for a fiver just over to half the price of it from my wish list :)

Do you get the 7% cashback from Top Cash Back if you open itunes and top up your account with the 10% in iTunes? :D

Thank you very much matey :)

I'm sure I can find something for a fiver just over to half the price of it from my wish list :)

Do you get the 7% cashback from Top Cash Back if you open itunes and top up your account with the 10% in iTunes? :D

Don’t forget, they don’t count the VAT, so it’ll need to be more than a fiver.

If I buy the US Scream Package (all 4 movies for $9.99) will any of them auto update to 4k in the future?

Most US stuff auto upgrades unless the studio is Disney or one of its subsidiaries (fox seems ok just now). Nobody knows for certain though.

Toy story 4 HD via MA only $6.99

Just bought a copy

Toy story 4 HD via MA only $6.99

Just bought a copy

Couldn't do HD for this - missed it at the cinema so paid full whack for a 4K code yesterday for that DV goodness.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom