UK/US iTunes Movie & TV Bargains

kmm

So, back to bargains... Star Trek 1-10 $19.99 on US.
Important thing for me with this one is (seeing as I already own them in various formats)...If paramount release 4K versions of these (and there are rumours), is it likely that these will get upgraded to 4K on iTunes US, or more likely to get re-listed, so you'd need to re-purchase them?

$2 per movie is a great price though...

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Well, have gone on a rampage lol. Just counted the films purchased (UK/US/CAN) and its now 150 dot averaging between £4-£5 and all of these in under 10 days !! Absolute value for money and convenience for 5-10% degradation in AV quality over the physical copy which is fine with me. Its shame these Disney 4K films redeem only in Vudu but wherever its impossible to get a 4K movie in iTunes, I will buy the disc. I am itching to buy 300 and V for Vendetta but someone said automatic upgrade to 4K might take time.
Disney 4K also redeem in Movies Anywhere so no need for Vudu if you don’t actually use it.

systemsdead

Distinguished Member
Important thing for me with this one is (seeing as I already own them in various formats)...If paramount release 4K versions of these (and there are rumours), is it likely that these will get upgraded to 4K on iTunes US, or more likely to get re-listed, so you'd need to re-purchase them?

Is the best current quality of all the individual films though I can't seem to find much info on this actual set review wise.

Smurf100

Re: the US Star Trek bundle it only includes the HD version of Khan, the updated 4K version of Khan was released separately and is not included, and previous Khan purchases not upgraded.

Although technically the new 4K is the directors cut so in theory it's a different film. The jury is out as to whether they will get upgraded to 4K at any point and if so whether that would include Khan

lgans316

Distinguished Member
For those who have missed:

• Twilight 5 film collection - $19.99
  • Divergent Series 3 film collection - $14.99
  • How to Train Your Dragon 3 film collection - $14.99
  • 21/22 Jump Street - $14.99
  • Town / Argo - $9.99
  • Rampage / San Andreas - $9.99
  • Evil Dead 1 / 2 - $9.99
  • GITS - $4.99

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Thanks for your inputs again. Just purchased $100 iTunes card for $80 on Gameflip and redeemed in iTunes successfully. So the takeaway for me is to buy the card preferably during day time UK hours so that the seller across the pond has the entire day to check and respond. :)

Last edited:

iNspectorgadJet

Mine is definitely showing 4K in the top tab when I play through movies app, but definitely only HD in the info on the TV app. I am on the tvOS beta, so maybe it’s just confused again like when they‘ve shown the wrong 4K/HD info in the past.

mckee74

Distinguished Member

That's pretty much my logic, for $2 I'll live with it.

The amount of extras are insane.

I'll never watch them anyway.

kmm

That's pretty much my logic, for $2 I'll live with it.

The amount of extras are insane.

I'll never watch them anyway.
I was the same...gotta be worth a punt at $2 per movie, so bought them.

However, I actually prefer the Star Trek movies over (most) of the Star Wars movies, so I will watch them! Honest :rolleyes:

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Anyone here who has watched Mad Max (original) 4K / DV on iTunes USA?

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Thanks for your inputs again. Just purchased $100 iTunes card for $80 on Gameflip and redeemed in iTunes successfully. So the takeaway for me is to buy the card preferably during day time UK hours so that the seller across the pond has the entire day to check and respond. :)
I usually opt for the Automatic delivery method from sellers on Gameflip, usually have the code/link within a couple of minutes.

Smurf100

I usually opt for the Automatic delivery method from sellers on Gameflip, usually have the code/link within a couple of minutes.
Agreed. I’ve bought a US itunes code from one gameflip seller who didn’t offer instant delivery, and then messaged to say that I needed to be online, and must redeem the code there and then as soon as he provided it to me, which is totally dodgy – he was probably using a stolen credit card to buy it at that point, or had access to a dodgy code generator to obtain the code. And of course it is those dodgy sellers that offer the greatest discounts of 20% or more.

At least a seller using the instant delivery facility has some confidence that their code won’t be cancelled or deleted by itunes within the next 5 minutes or whatever after purchasing.

Fortunately the ‘dodgy’ code that I bought did work fine and without any consequences, however there’s a risk

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Agreed. I’ve bought a US itunes code from one gameflip seller who didn’t offer instant delivery, and then messaged to say that I needed to be online, and must redeem the code there and then as soon as he provided it to me, which is totally dodgy – he was probably using a stolen credit card to buy it at that point, or had access to a dodgy code generator to obtain the code. And of course it is those dodgy sellers that offer the greatest discounts of 20% or more.

At least a seller using the instant delivery facility has some confidence that their code won’t be cancelled or deleted by itunes within the next 5 minutes or whatever after purchasing.

Fortunately the ‘dodgy’ code that I bought did work fine and without any consequences, however there’s a risk

Thanks for being this to our attention.
The seller asked me to stay online and messaged me the code.

So it's only.a matter of time before any of our accounts are locked. Does this mean we have to play safe and redeem heavily discount cards only twice a year? What are you guys doing about this?

jon smith

Was just about to post the same on Blade Runner. Blacks seem less elevated than first time round (may just be my memory playing tricks), but still significantly raised vs the disc. Is very obvious on the opening credits.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Was just about to post the same on Blade Runner. Blacks seem less elevated than first time round (may just be my memory playing tricks), but still significantly raised vs the disc. Is very obvious on the opening credits.
Yep and had to reduce thr black level by 2 clicks on my OLED.

HDot

With Fanflix you’ll need a card registered in the US or US PayPal. I’ve tried with UK PayPal and won’t let me buy anything. I had someone from a forum buy some codes from them and I reimbursed them.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Captain Phillips is 4K only. No HDR it's a decent deal simply because of 21, 22 Jump Street, Starshp Troopers etc being there. Do check blu ray forums. Got nearly 20 codes at about $4 each including Jaws, Schindler's List and many more.

I always check 4ksheet dot com prior to purchasing any code as some of the new ones don't redeem in iTunes. Do your homework here as many codes don't redeem as 4K on iTunes.

Last edited:

lgans316

Distinguished Member

lgans316

Distinguished Member
The Hurt Locker - $4.99. Worth it for the Atmos audio.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews

Trending threads

Latest News

Linn upgrades Majik LP12 turntable with new tonearm
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
VPI announces new Prime 21 turntables
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Skyworth launches 8K Q71 TV
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 23rd September 2020