UK/US iTunes Movie & TV Bargains

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Parasite and Zombieland 2. It doesn’t seem to matter what they are, more how they were ‘obtained’ - if they were registered to an email address on Walmart that’s different to your Vudu email they’re being pulled.
I’ve lost these two as well - according to my log I’ve lost another 15 but will have to go through and find out which ones. Ironically Zombieland 2 remains in my Google account but Parasite doesn’t.......I’ve also disconnected my Vudu account as I’ve got an awful lot more Insta purchases still in there......dammit.

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
I think I purchased about 12 in all. Lost 8 of them so far. Luckily watched them all so look upon them as rentals for the price I paid. Shame but that’s life.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Oh shizzle, Bad Boys For Life has disappeared from MA.
Gonna have to see if I can spot anything else that’s missing, thankfully I didn’t buy that many Instawatch titles.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Ok just noticed if you go into your transaction history all removed titles show with today’s date next to it. Seems I’ve lost three.
5926EE7A-D57F-4155-93EE-3D655485009B.jpeg

rustybin

Distinguished Member
18 removed here. Looks like I stand well and truly corrected. Apologies to those posters on here I doubted.

Win some, lose some. Delighted to have actually watched 6 of those removed, so in your face Vudu. Sort of.

Last edited:

Souljacker99

I've lost 15 today, most of which I hadn't got round to watching yet (which doesn't seem rare around here!) as I'd only got into this a few weeks ago. It's annoying but I guess instawatch codes were always a bit of a gamble just a bit annoying that it has happened so close to me getting this working! I'll disconnect my VUDU account too and see if this makes any difference to the remaining few.

Beardy101

I've lost Birds of Prey and Jumanji Next Level. Still have Zombieland Double Tap.
Can't think of any others. Only had a few anyway.

Edit: the two I lost were both Gameflip and the same seller.

Last edited:

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Here's my list of whats been removed from Vudu/MA/iTunes:

Alien 3
Alien Resurrection (bought as part of the Alien 4 pack)
Birds of Prey
Black Christmas (2019)
Bloodshot
Dark Waters
Doctor Sleep
Jumanji The Next Level
Just Mercy
Last Christmas
Men in Black 1 and 2 (part of the trilogy)
Queen and Slim
Parasite
The Way Back
Thoroughbreds
Zombieland 2

Not sure why these and not others - I’ve bought more recent ones that are still in my account - can only think they’re going by the big movies first.......

Watched most of them so no big loss, just means I'll have to rebuy a few I really liked.....twas good whilst it lasted!

Last edited:
Only had a few but Dr Sleep has gone, IT2, Jumanji2, Cats and A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood are still there for now!
All purchased via ViFGAM.

Beardy101

Only had a few but Dr Sleep has gone, IT2, Jumanji2, Cats and A Beautiful Day in the Neighbourhood are still there for now!
All purchased via ViFGAM.
Yeah my VIFGAM ones are still there. Namely doctor sleep and beautiful day.

dvdchild

Distinguished Member
lost Bad boys for Life, Harley Quinn, Gemini Man, Dr Sleep, Jumanji Next Level. Little annoyed as not watched a few of them yet.

So going forward do we need to remove Vudu accounts?

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Looks like all the ones I bought in the last two bundles of six that I bought have gone.

Not bothered, I watched Doctor Sleep, wasn't bothered about the rest, probably would never have got around to watching them, only bought them because they were stupidly cheap.

Bobcat2112

I've lost 18. Some of these were brought from the usual sites and some more recently from gameflip. Win some. Lose some (literally)

I've only ever bought from ViFGAM, checked again this morning and they're all still in vudu.

MoviesAnywhere isn't linked anymore so I'll still have them even if they're removed.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Just checked again... my Dr Sleep was purchased via Holyy Movies which is the one that's gone.
Yes just checked my emails, all mine were from Holyymovies.
I’ve still got Bloodshot, Dr Sleep, Hellboy & the Underworld 5 Movie set which were all from Vifgam.
I guess it’s only a matter of time before they fall victim, Vudu is now unlinked from my MA.

burd up

There's a few people on Facebook complaining about instawatch being removed from vudu, someone has lost 49 so far.

I've removed vudu from MoviesAnywhere so that if any do get removed I'll still have in iTunes as don't really use vudu, it was mainly for IW codes.

Here's a link to a thread where quite a few have mentioned losing movies.

That really fudgeing sucks, but guess when it's too good to be true..it's too good to be true :(

Just checked mine and all 6 movies I had bought Via Gameflip have all been removed. (shows in itunes library for now, but doesn't say I own them or can watch them on the store) Luckily I didn't spend as much as some people have. (Saw on Reddit someone had spent $200 o_O)

probably should have removed VUDU from moviesanywhere, but too late for that now.

Edit: just restarted Itunes and they have all disappeared, sad times. Didn't even get to watch any of them either :(

Last edited:
That really fudgeing sucks, but guess when it's too good to be true..it's too good to be true :(

Just checked mine and all 6 movies I had bought Via Gameflip have all been removed. (shows in itunes library for now, but doesn't say I own them or can watch them on the store) Luckily I didn't spend as much as some people have. (Saw on Reddit someone had spent $200 o_O)

probably should have removed VUDU from moviesanywhere, but too late for that now.
It does seem like Gameflip users lost alot of their codes, I had an account but couldn't get my payment method added so looks like I was fortunate.

orac1971

You can switch but only to buy, if you try to watch you’ll get a popup saying the device is attached to another AppleID and if you continue you won’t be able to log back in and use the other for 90 days.
There are currently no such restrictions on ATV.
New to this game and already now purchased some US content. I hope they don’t introduce the 90 day thing on ATV.

Paul Shields

So why doesn’t the TV show a playback at 25Hz instead of 50Hz on UK content?
After all there’s 4K and 1080p 25Hz options in the video settings.
View attachment 1327034
About our ads
Point me to one UK TV iTunes release where the content is presented in either 50i as transmitted or 50p to represent the frame/field rate of the videotape footage. The ATV can handle the latter (as I've ripped and encoded most of my collection to 50p) but I'm not aware of any content being made available that way.

It won't affect content that was made on film, or made to look like film but classic studio productions like Blackadder or Fawlty Towers will not look like they did on transmission. In fact they will effectively be half the vertical picture resolution (and this will effect the filmed material too).

antmills

All mine that have gone were bought through HolyyMovies website - so far have lost:
Parasite
Zombieland Double Tap
Jumanji Next Level
Birds of Prey
Bloodshot

In ‘theory’ anything bought through a website was probably paid by PayPal goods and services so I’ve seen some people have had success opening a case and getting a refund....

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?

Trending threads

Latest News

TV licence fee now applies to over 75s from 1st Aug
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
New H.266 video codec promises 50 percent data saving
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba launches UL20 4K HDR TVs from £299
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG GX soundbar launches in UK