UK/US iTunes Movie & TV Bargains

djbullard

It’s being released in the UK on 4K UHD on 2nd Dec so I’m hoping a UK upgrade might be on the cards as we’ve been left with theatrical. It’s Paramount too who are usually pretty good.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
It’s being released in the UK on 4K UHD on 2nd Dec so I’m hoping a UK upgrade might be on the cards as we’ve been left with theatrical. It’s Paramount too who are usually pretty good.
Only issue with that is that Watchmen is a Warner Bros movie that’s distributed by Paramount over here.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
^
Just checked mine in iTunes no extras just straight into the film which is plain HD.
The theatrical cut currently being sold on iTunes definitely has the Ultimate cut as an extra. I guess they must have made a new listing & retired the old one at some point.
454AB316-2EE4-4025-8BD4-103554D3497E.jpeg

Goooner

Distinguished Member
The one currently available in the UK store shows no extras.

On a side note, TopCashback doesn’t seem to have an iTunes option now, it’s just called Apple Services or some such, if you click on that you still get the individual options, music, tv, movies etc, but whichever one you select only seems to take you to music with no way of searching for films or tv.

Anyone know a way around it? I remember similar happened with Quidco, which is why I switched to Top. Hope this doesn’t mean the end of iTunes cashback.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member

On a side note, TopCashback doesn’t seem to have an iTunes option now, it’s just called Apple Services or some such, if you click on that you still get the individual options, music, tv, movies etc, but whichever one you select only seems to take you to music with no way of searching for films or tv.

Anyone know a way around it? I remember similar happened with Quidco, which is why I switched to Top. Hope this doesn’t mean the end of iTunes cashback.
562A60D9-FA36-441A-81EF-ABAE79CE86AA.png

7EF22AAB-1611-4099-ACED-2F8319A33F89.png

RobTi

just tried it and other than the iTunes name change it still the same for me, click apple services and the option pops up for films and then into the iTunes store click films and the page loads
2019-11-09 (2).png

hippo99

Distinguished Member
The Apple services icon shows music, iTunes Store & book store. I expect it will track fine as it will be just be a cookie for the iTunes store. Once the iTunes app opens, you can just use the search or switch over to the movie store (without closing the app).

No different to if you clicked on the ‘toys’ link for Zavvi, then buying a Blu-ray or CD instead. It will track anything that you bought from Zavvi in that session, whether it was a toy or not.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
That’s what I got at first, logged out and back in again and only had AppleServices available.

just tried it and other than the iTunes name change it still the same for me, click apple services and the option pops up for films and then into the iTunes store click films and the page loads
Definitely not working like that for me. I’ll try logging out of iTunes and see if that does anything.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
The Apple services icon shows music, iTunes Store & book store. I expect it will track fine as it will be just be a cookie for the iTunes store. Once the iTunes app opens, you can just use the search or switch over to the movie store (without closing the app).

No different to if you clicked on the ‘toys’ link for Zavvi, then buying a Blu-ray or CD instead. It will track anything that you bought from Zavvi in that session, whether it was a toy or not.
That’s what I thought, but if you’re in Apple Music, you can only search for music, it only brings back music results. There’s no way that I can see to switch to movies/tv.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
That’s what I got at first, logged out and back in again and only had AppleServices available.

Definitely not working like that for me. I’ll try logging out of iTunes and see if that does anything.
Just tried via the browser and yes indeed it does open the Music app rather than the store.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
That’s what I thought, but if you’re in Apple Music, you can only search for music, it only brings back music results. There’s no way that I can see to switch to movies/tv.
I clicked on the film/tv link in topcashback & it just opened the iTunes Store on my phone (after the screenshot above). From the iTunes Store I was free to swap between music, films & TV.
Probably can’t get cash back from the App Store I guess as it’s not mentioned on topcashback.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
At least it’s not just me then!

Tried logging out of iTunes and Top and back in, still doing the same:(

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I clicked on the film/tv link in topcashback & it just opened the iTunes Store on my phone (after the screenshot above). From the iTunes Store I was free to swap between music, films & TV.
Probably can’t get cash back from the App Store I guess as it’s not mentioned on topcashback.
I do the same, click on film/tv, but it won’t open the normal iTunes Store, it only goes to Apple Music.

If I click on the Books link, that opens the Book Store.

Typically, the only one I actually use isn’t working:D

hippo99

Distinguished Member
I updated to iOS 13.2.2 last night, which is new. Loads of bug fixes listed.
Maybe that’s the difference if you’ve not updated?

hippo99

Distinguished Member
So works fine for me & RobTi, but two members who buy far too many films and never actually watch any are ‘blocked’?
Smells like conspiracy to me... :laugh:

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Maybe my wife has been in contact with with Apple and Top :rotfl:

Was just about to give in to peer pressure and buy Home Alone too....oh, well. Looks like I’ll have to pass:laugh:

i updated my phone a couple of days ago to 13.2.

Just checked an there’s now 13.2.2 available. Just downloading it now, fingers crossed.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
13.2 had a whole host of bugs, which this quick 13.2.2 turnaround is supposed to fix. Hopefully this was the cause.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
It’s working for me on iOS 13.2.2 though. Can’t think of any other reason though as both trying via web browser.
I’ll just add that I’m logged into my US iTunes account & TCB sends me to the US iTunes Store fine.

rustybin

Distinguished Member
I'm the same, but been searching everywhere for a decent price for a 4K code as I don't know if iTunes will go 4K or not? Can be picked up on VUDU for $14.99 for the Ultimate Edition although I would be happy with just the Directors Cut but that doesnt seem to be available to buy, unless you get both I guess? But does port to Movies Anywhere.

Apparently VUDU often do a Black Friday type sale so waiting on that to see if it comes down at all.
I've got The Ultimate Cut of Watchmen in my MA library from somewhere.

It hasn't ported any version over to iTunes at all and shows as unsupported in 4k on the MA app on my ATV. But plays 4k in the Vudu app on my ATV. Strange.

astirling

Grrr. Not working for me either. It’s like quidco all over again. In fact it’s so similar I’m inclined to believe it’s not a bug

hippo99

Distinguished Member
I've got The Ultimate Cut of Watchmen in my MA library from somewhere.

It hasn't ported any version over to iTunes at all and shows as unsupported in 4k on the MA app on my ATV. But plays 4k in the Vudu app on my ATV. Strange.
In MA, if you click on your user icon to open the settings, then click transaction history, it should tell you the original source of that Ultimate Cut, which service it ported from.