UK/US iTunes Movie & TV Bargains

Goooner

Distinguished Member
And on the minus side, there’s no excuse not to waste a load of money on cheap US codes for films that I’ll never watch as it’s so easy to switch now :rotfl:

nero0410

Distinguished Member
Stephen King's miniseries: 11.22.63 @ $4.99 CheapCharts
Watched through it over the weekend as I bought it when it cheap last time. Pretty enjoyable and definitely worth a few quid :)

Geoggy

Well that cheap NZ movie from a few pages back was no Hunt for the WP. Turned it off after 20 minutes

nero0410

Distinguished Member
Well that cheap NZ movie from a few pages back was no Hunt for the WP. Turned it off after 20 minutes
Which was that one matey?

Coz22998

Distinguished Member
Now I feel bad.........:(

jwsg

Just to repeat some current deals on Itunes credit:

- If you buy Itunes gift-card from Topcashback->More Shopping->topgiftcards the cashback is now 3%

- Today you can opt in for extra £2.50 cashback on £5 spend

- When you buy movies via Topcashback gives 7% (on the amount less VAT)
(The link takes you to another webpage, choose to "open in Itunes" and your PC should open Itunes to make the purchase)

- This month you might see the offer to add 10% bonus when adding funds to your Apple ID from Itunes account page

nero0410

Distinguished Member
d 10% bonus when adding funds to your Apple
Thank you very much matey :)

I'm sure I can find something for a fiver just over to half the price of it from my wish list :)

Do you get the 7% cashback from Top Cash Back if you open itunes and top up your account with the 10% in iTunes? :D

Goooner

Distinguished Member
Thank you very much matey :)

I'm sure I can find something for a fiver just over to half the price of it from my wish list :)

Do you get the 7% cashback from Top Cash Back if you open itunes and top up your account with the 10% in iTunes? :D
Don’t forget, they don’t count the VAT, so it’ll need to be more than a fiver.

rustybin

Distinguished Member
If I buy the US Scream Package (all 4 movies for $9.99) will any of them auto update to 4k in the future?

astirling

Most US stuff auto upgrades unless the studio is Disney or one of its subsidiaries (fox seems ok just now). Nobody knows for certain though.

raz77

Toy story 4 HD via MA only $6.99

Just bought a copy

BMox81

Toy story 4 HD via MA only $6.99

Just bought a copy
Couldn't do HD for this - missed it at the cinema so paid full whack for a 4K code yesterday for that DV goodness.

maverick177uk

I'm not buying any more Disney codes what with Disney Plus just around the corner.
I said the same then bought Toy Story 4 HD I think I have an addiction

BMox81

I say I'm buying them for my kids, but they'll happily sit and watch the same episode of Blaze on repeat for ten hours so even I know I'm full of sh*t.
Comfortably been through both seasons of Peppa Pig on Netflix at least 25 times. Is the daughter bored of it? You wish.

Round 26 cometh.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Comfortably been through both seasons of Peppa Pig on Netflix at least 25 times. Is the daughter bored of it? You wish.

Round 26 cometh.
That’s parenting done badly there my friend, all 10 Series of Classic Danger Mouse are on Netflix ;)
Or even 57 episodes of classic Smurfs :D

GlennC

Hi i am a new owner Apple tv, is there an idiots guide to setting up a US itunes account and buying vouchers? I do not even know what MA is .

Any help would be gratfully received.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Hi i am a new owner Apple tv, is there an idiots guide to setting up a US itunes account and buying vouchers? I do not even know what MA is .

Any help would be gratfully received.

Built To Chill

For any other train commuters out there, this week I invented a new logic to fund more movie buying. Everytime my train is delayed and I can be bothered to claim compensation; I get to buy a movie. It's about the same amount. Sadly this means a movie a week atm :( :clap:

bigjb

I set up a US Apple ID several months ago for the purpose of purchasing movies and never got around to using it.

Just for clarity if I sign out of my UK Apple ID on an iPhone to sign in to the US account to add funds will I lose my Apple Music downloaded music and playlists from the UK account.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
As soon as you sign back into your uk account everything will come back.

Not sure if you gave to re-download everything though as I stream everything.

I find it can sometimes take a minute or two to repopulate your library after you switch from one to the other.

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
Isn't there a limit as to how often you can switch on an iPhone?
Until the battery runs out???? 🤪

Seriously though I switch between US and UK loads on my iPhone and never hit a limit. That’s just for buying stuff, redeeming codes and vouchers.

If you play something or download it think you are locked for 30 days . There’s a warning though.

Goooner

Distinguished Member
I’m sure I read somewhere, probably here that under some circumstances if you switch you get locked to that account for a while. Can’t remember what circumstances though.

I tend to only watch UK stuff on my phone. Anything else I’ll watch on my ATV, seems you can switch on that as often as you like and watch what you like with no untoward consequences.

I just switch accounts, redeem credit, buy what I want on my phone, then switch straight back. Done it loads of times and nothing has been blocked as yet.

-gonzo-

Distinguished Member
I’m sure I read somewhere, probably here that under some circumstances if you switch you get locked to that account for a while. Can’t remember what circumstances though.
Only applies if you try to play or download music or video purchases of which you’ll be locked to the other account for 90 days.

I tend to only watch UK stuff on my phone. Anything else I’ll watch on my ATV.
Yeah alright Pinocchio 🤥, we know that’s not true at all 😂
I just switch accounts, redeem credit, buy what I want on my phone, then switch straight back. Done it loads of times and nothing has been blocked as yet, not that I know because I’ve not watched any of it 🤷🏻‍♂️.
This I very much believe ;):thumbsup:

Last edited: