iTunes Movies and general Apple TV chat

Can we sell a code on here? Have a 4K Coco code as didn’t know my wife already bought the HD version lol

Can we sell a code on here? Have a 4K Coco code as didn’t know my wife already bought the HD version lol
should be donated to the share imho

well after a week of my share group with no problems it is now shut thanks to @Alps and @Singh79 for their input :thumbsup: it never cost them a penny and i did not have access to their accounts it was about seeing if it could work = and it can :)

well after a week of my share group with no problems it is now shut thanks to @Alps and @Singh79 for their input :thumbsup: it never cost them a penny and i did not have access to their accounts it was about seeing if it could work = and it can :)
I couldn’t use it mate. Tried watching Game of Thrones but it kept crashing my Apple TV...it did work for Fantastic Beasts though.

And my US account has my payment details attached to it.

I couldn’t use it mate. Tried watching Game of Thrones but it kept crashing my Apple TV...it did work for Fantastic Beasts though.

And my US account has my payment details attached to it.
accounts with payment details shared is a no go in my book so no worrys mate = did you not try any films ?

Dude, just seen this. What's happened? I hope I wasn't the cause of it being shut or the crashes??? If so, apologies, but I haven't actually accessed it for a while let alone watch any films from it yet. PM me if you wish.

Dude, just seen this. What's happened? I hope I wasn't the cause of it being shut or the crashes??? If so, apologies, but I haven't actually accessed it for a while let alone watch any films from it yet. PM me if you wish.
no no mate i was just testing a idea and not shut :thumbsup:

I shall be awaiting a price drop on that one, it’s been £3.99 & £4.99 a few times previously.
Ha not anymore methinks...

Saving Private Ryan is 4k DV in UK & US stores.
I think this one deserves to be picked up on disc for the lossless atmos audio, it's such an important aspect of the film it would be doing it a disservice watching it on the atv I think

I shall be awaiting a price drop on that one, it’s been £3.99 & £4.99 a few times previously.

I picked it up @4.99

I think this one deserves to be picked up on disc for the lossless atmos audio, it's such an important aspect of the film it would be doing it a disservice watching it on the atv I think

I only buy discs that dont get a 4k release on the atv, so Im happy.

Ha not anymore methinks...

Apple only see titles as SD or HD, ive seen no evidence to suggest otherwise (that they charge more once 4k), infact the sale of recent movies at just £2-3 proves it. Apple cant price a movie higher just because its gone 4k as it means they are charging a high price for the HD copy too.

Apple only see titles as SD or HD, ive seen no evidence to suggest otherwise (that they charge more once 4k), infact the sale of recent movies at just £2-3 proves it. Apple cant price a movie higher just because its gone 4k as it means they are charging a high price for the HD copy too.

If nothing else, last week’s selection of 4K stuff has indeed proved this. Some were as cheap as they’ve ever been, so clearly it’s just a question of being patient. As you say, the lack of differentiation between HD and 4K means their hands are tied if they want to sell a decent number of units.

I find it hard to resist the £5.99 price point, but clearly it makes more sense to bite at £4.99 (which I can live with for 4K), or even take a punt at waiting for £3.99 or less.

The Bridge Complete Series only £13.

Well worth it if you don’t mind subtitles.

Also, it’s not really the “complete” series as I think there’s a fourth and final series starting on Friday.

30 episodes for £13 of a great show is still a bargain though :)

The Bridge Complete Series only £13.

Well worth it if you don’t mind subtitles.

Also, it’s not really the “complete” series as I think there’s a fourth and final series starting on Friday.

30 episodes for £13 of a great show is still a bargain though :)
enjoyed the first 3 :thumbsup:

Yeah, me too. Thought that was it, so a nice surprise to see that there was another series starting so soon.

Guys, I’m constantly out of touch with this thread due to lack of time, I find it hard to keep up and regularly find myself 15-20 pages behind! So apologies if this has been talked about.

For the same reeason above, I’ve not bought any codes for some time now, I started looking yesterday as there’s a few new movies I’d like and was shocked to see prices have gone up a lot! Some are the same price as buying the movie from Apple!

Anyway, what I also noticed is that everything seems to be iTunes via Movies Anywhere, it’s really annoying, I don’t really want to deal with MA!

Is this now the norm? Shall I stop worrying and just buy those codes or is there now a new/better way of buying movies?

Once again, apologies if this is a duplicated question! I do try and keep up ‍♂️

Guys, I’m constantly out of touch with this thread due to lack of time, I find it hard to keep up and regularly find myself 15-20 pages behind! So apologies if this has been talked about.

For the same reeason above, I’ve not bought any codes for some time now, I started looking yesterday as there’s a few new movies I’d like and was shocked to see prices have gone up a lot! Some are the same price as buying the movie from Apple!

Anyway, what I also noticed is that everything seems to be iTunes via Movies Anywhere, it’s really annoying, I don’t really want to deal with MA!

Is this now the norm? Shall I stop worrying and just buy those codes or is there now a new/better way of buying movies?

Once again, apologies if this is a duplicated question! I do try and keep up ‍♂️

Yes Movies Anywhere is pretty much the norm in the US now, except of course for those studios that don’t currently support it so if your looking for direct to iTunes codes then they’re few and far between these days.
Most of these that show iTunes via MA
If your wanting codes in the hope they’re gonna transfer to iTunes in 4K via MA then your gonna need actual 4K codes for the vast majority.
If you haven’t got MA at all and have no interest in even trying to set it up then you may be out of luck getting codes for iTunes only for any of the most recent titles.

Thanks!

So are you guys buying and redeeming through MA? I saw a message earlier from someone who’s got 700 movies between UK and US accounts, are these bough directly from Apple?

I don’t mind using MA, I set it all up before Xmas but I’m just concerned they may disappear from iTunes one day!

I was looking on US iTunes yesterday and saw Jumanji 2 which was $19.99, it’s actually cheaper to buy it in the UK at £13.99!

Thanks for the Tesco offer, I think I might get some credit from there to grab a few that I’m after [emoji1303]

Thanks!

So are you guys buying and redeeming through MA? I saw a message earlier from someone who’s got 700 movies between UK and US accounts, are these bough directly from Apple?

I don’t mind using MA, I set it all up before Xmas but I’m just concerned they may disappear from iTunes one day!

I was looking on US iTunes yesterday and saw Jumanji 2 which was $19.99, it’s actually cheaper to buy it in the UK at £13.99!

Thanks for the Tesco offer, I think I might get some credit from there to grab a few that I’m after [emoji1303]

Mixture of both for me, if I can find codes cheap enough for films I want then I will get the code.
If there’s a bargain in the US store or something that just isn’t available in the UK store I will obtain a US iTunes voucher and buy it direct.
For the most part I will buy direct from the UK store as our prices have been excellent lately.
I’m too after Jumanji 2, also want the first one but I’m gonna wait for the inevitable price drop.

How long do you think before the price drops? I’m looking to buy it but will wait if they happen quite soon!

I’ll pick up a £50 card from Tesco later so I’ll have £57.50 to grab a few [emoji4]

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom